Love your Jag

David F

when you click reply, click the "More Reply Options" button, then browse a picture and click ATTACH THIS FILE

facelift has a different a noticible change on the rear end.

OLD REAR END

2002-Jaguar-S-Type-R-Rear-Side.jpg

FACELIFT REAR End

2008-jaguar-s-type-9.jpg

• Like 1

mines old then - defo doesn't have that wrap around detail on the back. Will fire a couple pics off in the morning as I got bathing kids and tea and stuff as the light faded. Is there a better place for general pics (Intro secition?)

When did the facelift happen as mine was reg March 2001

Quite like that rear spoiler thing though.. not sure I have one of them

i love my jag too i have only had it one week today but havent had the chance to take it to France which where i am from but i am sure it will be a pleasure i am getting a full service done next week, fresh mot

i have the traction control and the abs light that is on at the moment which have been told that it was the rear abs sensor and yesterday the failsafe engine mode came on (is it the throtle problem)

thanks for any help

Here are a couple of pics.. yes it needs cleaning - but to be fair I did - then driving up a country lane, got passed by a tractor coming towards that flicked mud across the car. Glad I bothered!

Typical!  I have the same problem - a lot of aricultural roads where I live. :(  

I like black on a car, but it is a constant battle to keep it shiny clean.   What do you use for your cleaning regime?

Best regards,

Dave

its a nightmare to keep clean for sure but does look nice  - what got me about this was just had the polish chaps up the road give it the 6 quid once over to look presentable and boom on the way back - wasted 6 quid

personally.. I spend far too long on cleaning cars

Used to use a lot of Meguiars stuff but there is plenty of good cheaper products

I'll generally clean and rinse and cham off with a good bubble bath type cleaner, then polish sometimes use clay  - but then I'll do the door shuts, guttering, under the wheel arches, under the bonnet (clean and degrease pipework, plastics etc, 

takes me ages and always get sidetracked onto something else

its a nightmare to keep clean for sure but does look nice  - what got me about this was just had the polish chaps up the road give it the 6 quid once over to look presentable and boom on the way back - wasted 6 quid

personally.. I spend far too long on cleaning cars

Used to use a lot of Meguiars stuff but there is plenty of good cheaper products

I'll generally clean and rinse and cham off with a good bubble bath type cleaner, then polish sometimes use clay  - but then I'll do the door shuts, guttering, under the wheel arches, under the bonnet (clean and degrease pipework, plastics etc, 

takes me ages and always get sidetracked onto something else

Sounds a similar scenario, I find myself using Autoglym (shampoo, clay, resin polish, wax), I try and limit the arches and engine bay to two or three times a year - as you say, takes ages, saying that, I've got a wash, rinse and wax down to an hour :D, it's just when you go into the detail the time adds up.

I've not done anything to this car yet.. 1. its pretty cold, 2. The kids won't let me so I have to find time when the management goes away to mother in law for a day!

I have a friend who is a Beemer driver who likes a day tinkering and cleaning so usually hook up with him for a car day when ladies do other things :-)

works not been kind to me lately either

i know exactly what you mean, especially when the management questions the sanity of removing wheels for a deep clean and arches too

Did this last Autumn

050720121182-s.jpg

050720121191-s.jpg

050720121201s.jpg

• 1 month later...

That's it, I'm polishing the bodywork and putting leather cream on the seats this morning.

:)   It's been raining on and off here over the weekend, I've just noticed the pigeons have been using my car for target practice :angry: , so may have to wash the car regardless........

Hi all,

Have just brought my first Jag, an S-Type, 2003 2.5 V6 manual sport and am already hooked!! Once i had test drove a couple of S-Types i knew one had to be mine! Needless to say i am one happy man and can definatley see what all the fuss is about :D

• 1 month later...

I'm a first time jag owner.

I've had my 4.2 SE for about a month now and I'm absolutely loving it.

From the faintly ridiculous handling to the truly ridiculous acceleration for such a big old bus.

How did they do that? It's 16ft long and a ton and three quarters for pities sake!

Enjoy yours guys I'm certainly enjoying mine!

Mike

I'm a first time jag owner.

I've had my 4.2 SE for about a month now and I'm absolutely loving it.

From the faintly ridiculous handling to the truly ridiculous acceleration for such a big old bus.

How did they do that? It's 16ft long and a ton and three quarters for pities sake!

Enjoy yours guys I'm certainly enjoying mine!

Mike

HI Mike,

You going to post some pictures of your new acquisition?  Always like to see a well turned out Jag B)

Regards,

Dave

It's not well turned out yet, but I'm working on it, I've got rid of some minor scratches and restored the headlights with the Meguiars kit I saw in another post which I have to say worked better than I expected.

Next is having the wheels refurbished, if anyone has recommendations for the Northants, Beds areas I would appreciate them.

I'll post pics when I'm happy with it but I'm an engineer so I think of most obsessive/compulsives as a bit too laid back!!

Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love my S type.  Posted add in paper to get mine.  It read.  Wife wanted, must have S type Jag, send picture of Jag. 

Seriously though love the car.  did you hear the Jeremy Vine show on radio two today, Superb. 

:D

Love my S type.  Posted add in paper to get mine.  It read.  Wife wanted, must have S type Jag, send picture of Jag. 

Seriously though love the car.  did you hear the Jeremy Vine show on radio two today, Superb. 

• 2 weeks later...

It's amazing when you love something this much that you are always watching out for others.  You can spot another Jag coming towards you from a long way off.  Do we have windscreen club badges or rear window stickers available.  My Reg is R444 if you see me give me a flash or a wave.

Alex

loved my jag for three weeks now a bit undecided hopefully you guys can help me and change my mind always wanted one so took a chance and bought a sport 56 plate but because of navigation system interfering with heating and cd player i am now a bit peeved off cos it is bril to drive and extreemly comfy on long or short trips a lot better than my merc but ill see what happens 

• 1 month later...

In 1946 when the Second World War had just ended, I was 10 years old and, having seen an SS Jaguar for the first time, I announced that "I would have a Jag when I was old enough to drive"! It took longer than intended but I eventually achieved my ambition in 2002 when I was 65 when I bought an ex-demo 3.0 Litre S Type with 4000 miles on the clock.From the outset this has been a "head turning" car maybe because of its unusual colour (Roman Bronze) and partly because of its 18 inch wheels. Whatever the reason, I have had, and still get, regular compliments from complete strangers. The car has no less than 61,000 miles on the clock as it enters its 12th year in my ownership and I have to say "It was worth the wait"

I was 77 when I bought my first Jaguar, a Radiance Red X Type 2.5 litre AWD.  When I was car -jacked I bought an S-Type in Indigo blue with the 2.7 Diesel engine.  As you say, well worth waiting for.