Love your Jag

David F

My first Jag was an XK120 when I was 10 (it was a Dinky Toy)  Have loved Jags ever since.  I now own two XK120's, 2 E-Types, a D-Type, an XK Coupe and an S-Type.  Unfortunately the S-Type is the only real one, the others are all models!.  But I LOVE my S-type to bits.  Only bought it recently as my other car, a Nissan 300ZX Targa is becoming too low to get into easily as I get older.  The S isn't as fast as the Z but most of the time you can't use all that power and speed anyway and the S gets just as many appreciative comments and looks as the Z, and it's so smooth and quiet (anything is quiet next to my Z).  Yes I still love the Z but the S is the one for me now.  Anyone want to buy my Z?  (I live in Australia)   

post-7546-0-70923500-1439855751_thumb.jp

Similar to the original post, I have a 2001 S-Type Sport with 18" alloys and I love it, not had it long and looking for an excuse for a good long road trip! If the attachment works, here she is next to a '66 S-Type at the annual Jag show :)

attachment=1589:STypes_cropped.JPG]

post-7121-0-85671000-1440063311_thumb.jp

I haven't pressed the 'S' button in mine yet.

Reminds me of the scene in Men In Black.. "Hey Kid remember the little red button....??? PUSH the little red button".... in this case its the S button and we are off.

Read all the posts on this topic, and had to chip in with mine.

Had mine for just over a month S type 200 sport V6 3.0 don’t want to leave it in the street all alone at night. Unfortunately don’t live in the best of areas, and it doesn’t  help when you come back from your weekend away to find the remnants of someone’s windscreen in the road were you park, (not the first time either) Anyhow it’s my first, saw it on the web Autoxxxxxx you know the rest. Fell in love! then Saw it in the flesh, and I do believe I actually said WOW!

Never thought I would be able to consider a Jaguar as a car I could afford, let alone actually own one (actually I think she owns me now, hence my user name Claws! She has hers in me)
I Had to have her, I knew there was problems waiting in the wings, didn’t trust the dealer and his spiel, but I just knew she was going home with me that day.

When I set eyes on mine I knew I had to have it and it was very cheap but outstanding condition, when I got the paperwork it said "sold as seen/ scrap, no warrenty , but took it for a test drive and engine and gearbox perfect so I thought I will take a chance, anyway got it home and it needed 3 wheel bearings, got those through work and done the job myself so I got a 2002 3tlr S Type in immaculate condition for £1200, ( Jag wanted over £1500 to do the work that's why she was scrap) I and the wife love it.

My last one was an Omega V6 2.6 petrol / auto, loved it, had it for 8 years, just got to the point were i had probably bought the car twice in new parts, and she needed probaly another 1 - 1.5k spending on her for bits and pieces (body and mechanics excellent nick) anyway ended up giving it to my nephew, just to good to squash Bless her.

I was looking around at all sorts including BM's, Merc's, Audi's and the Range Rover Sport (Love them) but they dont come cheap! and i just couldnt justify having a car of that value 10 - 15k sitting on the road all week, and only used at weekends. Spotted the Jag, and the rest is history as they say

I consider myself extremely lucky to have my first Jaguar, the S-Type at the age of 39.

Owned quite a few cars in the last 10 years, but I can honestly say, this is the best so far. Even though I only had the test run in it on last Thursday - due to a power-steering fluid leak - the V8 engine purrs like a kitten, the gearbox is smooth, seats never felt this comfy, I could go on.

I hope I can get the dents - left by the elderly previous owner - fixed, and refurbish the original 18" alloys too.

Wednesday H.A. Fox will have a service and A/C re-gas done. I just hope - after fixing the PS fluid leak - they will give her a good bill of health, so I can cruise around GB in style. ;)

gallery_7962_249_294887.jpg

• Like 1

Im 8 weeks into owning my 08 XF with all the toys and we love it. 

Its such a great place to be, drives likes a dream, a little thirsty but as said before on here, all is forgiven for the sheer pleasure of owning it. All our friends and family love it too

Wish I had bought one years ago

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Having been a company car driver for over 30 years my retirement brought my interest in buying a "runabout" after looking at the obvious Ford, Vauxhall etc available I searched a local website and found a 2004 S type 2.7 diesel, wow Iv'e had this car now for 4 weeks and despite a number of problems I'm working through to get it spot on I love the car to bits, I had seen S types over the years and not given them much of a second glance, what a mistake, it makes me smile just sitting in it, it drives and handles better than any company car I've ever had.

I you're considering an S type don't waste as much time as I did, go any get one, they have their problems but what the hell.

Andy

Welcome to the Club, Andy.

I also had company cars for 30 years, but I did retire prior to the s type being manufactured. My Rover Sterling was the car of choice in 1999 but when I retired it in 2011 a Jaguar was them my choice.  After an X Type AWD which was borrowed by two scroats who were given free accommodation by Her Majesty for 8 years and I bought my s type in June 2013.  I have only had one real repair made when the water pump failed and I had to shell out £135 for a new one to be fitted.

The s type  --  I have the 2.7 diesel SE with many bells and whistles -- drives beautifully and on one occasion I managed to get 50.2 mpg in the 90 mile drive to Sheffield.

One little piece of advice is to use Premium Fuel, and the odd occasional additive to keep the fuel system clean.

Regards,

Peter.

IMG_0657.JPG