Local Meet - Heritage Motor Centre Warwickshire

Mr D

• Ok, looks like we might well be popping up, has a time been fixed yet?

Hi Stewart,

Glad to hear that you can make it, look forward to meeting up.

The Heritage Centre opens at 10am, so would suggest that as a meet time, we can at least take advantage of the cafeteria/restaurant :D

I've had confirmation from the Centre, we have reserved parking on the Southern Lawn - there will be signage to show us the way.  I'll post a plan of the Centre so it's clear to all.

Best regards,

Dave

Hi Dave

Am I on the list for the meet at Heritage Motor Centre?  I see one Steve but not sure if its me or someone else. Will be pleased to join you all, and possibly bringing a mate. Lots of elbow grease now necessary the day before!

Regards

Steve "pablojag1"

Hi Steve, you are now :)

The list reads:

1. Dave     (Mr D)
  2. Steve    (Administrator)
  3. Wayne  (Boom)
  4. Dell
  5. Brian     (Brian 2012)
  6. John      (Old Bear)
  7. Eric
  8. Geoff     (isis)
  9. Stewart  (Olde English)
  10. Steve     (pablojag1)

Looks like the meet is favouring the S-Type :D

Out of the 10 names above, the car breakdown is as follows:

• 7 S-Types
  • 1 X-Type
  • 1 XK
  • 1 XF

Hi All,

May I suggest meeting up at 10am, the cafe/restaurant opens at that time, ideal to get a cuppa, etc

We have club parking reserved on the southern car park, there will be signage to help.

See you there.

HMC.jpg

Outstanding.

Just clayed one half of my S-Type followed by some super resin polish - car starting to look awesome B)  B)  B)  B)  (even if I say so myself :D).

"One half" as I ran out of daylight this evening, hope to have some sun (but not too much) and finish it off tomorrow. 

Just deciding do I get fuel tomorrow or Monday morning........

Outstanding.

Just clayed one half of my S-Type followed by some super resin polish - car starting to look awesome B)  B)  B)  B)  (even if I say so myself :D).

"One half" as I ran out of daylight this evening, hope to have some sun (but not too much) and finish it off tomorrow. 

Just deciding do I get fuel tomorrow or Monday morning........

So had some good sun today, managed to clay the remainder of the car.

Washed the car followed by resin polish and super high gloss.

Ran out of decent light to take some phots, but the Cat looks goooooood B)

Thanks Dave for organising today at the Heritage Motor Centre. It was good to meet up at last, sorry I had to scoot off early, I hope you enjoyed the rest of the day. Looking forward to doing something similar in the future, thanks again, best wishes Geoff. 

Likewise Geoff, good to meet you.

Hopefully if we have an event later in the year, we'll get a few more members to come along.

Best regards,

Dave

Really enjoyed todays get together, good to meet and make some new friends, will upload a couple of shots as soon as I figure out how to do it????

As we were leaving, a young family were looking at our cars, their lad, about 2yrs old, running around them excitedly shouting "Jagyar", what could we do?

Let him sit in the XF of course, his face was a picture as he sat there, grasping the steering wheel shouting "Jagyar, Jagyar" repeatedly, fantastic.

Next meet? Anyone fancy Brooklands?

Hi Stewart,

I enjoyed the meet and. the HMC, it's been a couple of years since my last visit - I'll post some pics of the Jag display later today

I didn't take you for a luddite ;), you have to upload you photos into something like photobucket then use the picture icon above and paste the url into it.  If you delete or move the phot from it's online storage you change the url losing the  pic from the post.

I hope you passed on the forum details to the young Jag enthusiast??? :D  :D :D  

Brooklands sounds good, have you seen what's on on the 14th July? B)  B)    May be a little too soon but supposed to be summer  ^_^  

Dito Mr D 

nice to meet other members it was a shame that there were not many more cars and sorry for leaving early but as i had been there quite a few times i saw no point in going in thanks once again Dell

Hi Guys,

I am sorry that i could not make the Heritage Centre meet on the 27th, but I was already committed to the classic car meet at Ragley Hall.

For my sins I am events manager for the JEC Coventry branch and the XJSClub.org 

I would like to extend an invitation to you all to my main event of the year, 'Jaguars at the Castle' on the 8th of September 2013.

If requested I can arrange for space to be reserved for Jaguar Owners Club members to park together, but I will need numbers in advance!

You do not need to be a member of any club to attend, just arrive in a Jaguar/Daimler car after 9am and your car costs £12 cash per car full, including visiting the Castle, for everybody in the car! 

The bargain of the century, and £2 from every entrant goes to the Air Ambulance!

Any Jaguar club organiser attending can set up to recruit members to their club on the day, but they should email me direct in advance at  g.greenwood@blueyonder.co.uk  to reserve space!

Go to:  http://www.jec.org.uk/events/4784/jec-regional-events/jaguars-at-the-castle.html

For more info!

Hi Graham,

No dramas mate.  Jaguars at the Castle sounds pretty awesome - what a cracking venue.  You mention needing numbers in advance - what's your cut-off date?  Also it may be useful to start a new thread, just so it doesn't get lost in this one.

You can count me in, and I think with all the activities throughout the day I'll more than likely bring the family

Best regards,

Dave