Insurance

Hi Jonny, the best deal I could get for my S-Type was with esure via Compare the Market.com, the premium is £232.49. Obviously this is for my requirements and yearly mileage, but they were the cheapest by far. I told my mate who also has an S-Type ( a later model than mine and the diesel engined version) and he was amazed at the quote he got from them and consequently switched to esure when his insurance came up for renewal. Try them and also go to the comparison web sites, but you will probably find they come up cheapest. It is so simple to fix it up I am a complete "nerk" using computers, but I managed it easily. Good luck and best wishes mate Geoff. 

Hi Jonny, welcome to the forum, mines just over the £300 but it is for 300bhp and more than 12k miles per annum.

Regards,

Dave

Hi Jonny it's me again, you probably have your insurance sorted by now but just to let you know and anyone else who may read this I have today received my renewal notice from esure for the next 12 months from 1st June and the premium now has dropped to £187.35. a reduction of £45.14 on this year. Needless to say I am very happy with that and all in all I think that will take some beating. So to you and anyone looking to insure their car I would suggest getting a quote from them. Best wishes Geoff.

• 11 months later...

hi guys i use compare the market as well think their the best and you get more off if you have a tesco club card. i just renewed mine on the 30april with privilage full comp with the legal pack and free breakdown £228 didnt try jag ins at that price lol

I think I have some work to do.  My quote from SAGA is £909.  My car was stolen last year and not recovered.  My insurance paid up, but it appears that they put on a heavy penalty if you have been the victim of a  carjack. I am waiting for my current insurer [LV] to give me a quote.

Peter.

wow peter thats to mutch. i go on to compare the market go compare ect but compare the market has been the cheaper and if you or the wife have a club card then its even better . try it . every little helps

It is a bit steep, Charlie.  Living within the Birmingham City area I expect they will put on a slight premium.   I will have a look around, though and see what is available.  We do have Tesco Clubcards, and I will check Tesco out, and the next time I walk up to the little branch of Lloyds in what they describe round here as "The Village" [a very old enclave in Sutton Coldfield] I will check out theirs as well.

Regards,

Peter.

Peter,

Mine is £225 with Endsleigh on the 2012 Supersport which is 5 litre and 510 BHP. Tried supercover which was mentioned on another post. but they would not quote me as I didn't have a tracker fitted . I cannot use a tracker as it works on the mobile phone system and the coverage isn't very good down here in the sticks, and the signal would drop in and out, triggering loads of false alarms . Will get a quote from the jag insurance above, just out of interest .

ATB,

Trevor

Adrian flux wouldn't quote me unless I phoned, so I won't bother.

Test drove the new F type Coupe R today, not as nice as I thought it would be, also drove a new XK-R loaded with spec. much preferred it, the wife says she wants a sports car again now, but I will probably stick with the Supersport .

ATB

Trevor

Swiftcover quote £379, and Tesco £462.

I will have to examine the policy content, but it is certainly cheaper than SAGA.

Adrian Flux was over £700.

Peter.

good peter its a loot cheaper than saga charlie

i would to trevor its got the speed and power yets more practical. thats the only downside of the xk. i love it but its not got the space. i sold the wifes c180 nice little car but wishing i had not now as we have 2 dogs and my mothers in her 80s . so mutch im starting to look about for a small 4 door car for using daily and keep the jag for weekends cheers charlie

Charles,

The annoying thing is all the time I had the Astons the wife complained about the lack of space , and had gone on and on and on (like they do) about four seats and four doors, finally get one and she whines that she prefers a sports car.

The XK I looked at was fab, but mine plus £32K is a lot of money and I still have house repairs to do , and I like to have a bit put by for emergencies .

She says the Supersport is ugly, whilst I  must admit I prefer the look of the old Jags, other people seem to like mine, and it is a good car, so all in all, I think i'll keep it for the time being.

After all, as I said to her, there are worse cars to have !

ATB ,

( a pestered) Trevor

hi trevor i myself think the new xj is a beautifil car sometimes wish i had bought one before i sold up.but always wanted a sports car wich we couldnt afford in the early years. so the xk was my present for being up at 4 in the morning and all the worry . but im very happy with the xk love it.and im retired now over a year (looking after HM as i call her) i couldnt affort to go to that expense for a car. keep the jag keep the pennies charlie

Charles,

Have passed on your thoughts and comments to she who must be obeyed, and she agrees with you and me ( we shall have snow) . She now thinks the XJ Supersport isn't that bad after all, and said she will "make do" until the warranty runs out and her father is too old to come out in the car with us ( he is 88 and active and lives 200 miles away in civilisation) .

She claims she just had a funny turn yesterday , and is the first to admit she is bonkers (she really is, and calls herself Princess Marcie of Ilfracombe) .

Even though I an retired myself I shall keep the Supersport for the time being , and some cash in my back pocket !

ATB,

Trevor (F type R and XK-R Free)

haha ther all bonkers trevor, mines own name is elizabeth king i call her HM haha thank god she is not i would have lost my head years ago haha

Charlie,

Mine really is bonkers, she is manic depressive and does not know the value of money . It used to be a standing joke that she bought me a convertible for my birthday each year . She got me a new BMW 335 M sports convertible , a new BMW M3 convertible, a four year old Aston Martin DB9 Volante, and a four year old Aston Martin DB9 Le Mans Special, and then The Jag XJ supersport ; and this has been in the last three and a half years .

She said she wanted to buy me a Jag F type R for this years birthday , but I have put a stop to all this for this year at the very least.

I am writing this from a cave !

ATB,

Trevor

P.S. I changed my name to Hendrix by deed poll just to confuse her ( really)

haha mine years ago had a habit of hiding money around the house (happy days) have told my two boys if any thing had to hapen to us dont throw anything out without looking into it. her mother was worse she was a wee spider haha

took HM out for a drive this morning endend up at harry fairnbourghs dealership in glasgow coz in her eyes the xk is not practical  im now the owner of an insignia 1.8 light grey diesel looks ok inside dont like the look outside its a vauxhall its for the dogs she said were retired do you want to live in a caravan

No to the caravan, we hate them down here in ther West country . A Vauxhall ? , and a diesel ! ,do you still have the XK ?

Mine is still pestering about getting one, said we can use her fathers to take him out in when we go down to civilsation in Guildford .

And people wonder why I had a heart attack and have grey hair.

I think i'll run of to the Isle of Man with Kylie Minogue.

ATB,

Trevor

yes trevor still got my magic xk as i call her her in doors aint getting me to sell that. no this is just for running day to day so its cheaper more practical can get mother and the dogs in it so pick it up monday get my mate to check it over. use the jag at weekends. so apart from going to local hospital with HM this morning MMR SCAN to see if thers a brain ther. its just the doctors want to check shes ok and should give us all peace of mind. every thing will be happy in happy valley fingers crossed

Charles,

She is still in full flow pestering, she has spotted this one where her dad lives.

http://www.hafoxjaguar.co.uk/used-car-search/vehicle.aspx?id=OV12OHB

And this one not far from us.

http://www.hafoxjaguar.co.uk/used-car-search/vehicle.aspx?id=OU13YNK

I have got to take  'er to the dentist Tuesday to get some wisdom teeth put in

ATB,

Trevor (getting greyer by the minute)