Hi there ,

I'm a newbie to this club having just swapped my Merc. 270 Cdi for a XF Luxury S  facelift model (61 plate). Can anybody tell me how the satnav is updated.and how do I get a memory stick of my music to work in this car. I'm really missing Frank and Ella. Oh and what a fab car I haven't stopped grinning yet........ but soon will do if I can't get the USB gizmo working. Replies in normal English please I'm not good at shorts and anagrams. 

• Like 1

Hi Dave

On the S-Type you access the satnav DVD in the boot, left hand side. I'm guessing it's the same on an XF.

As for USB problem, sorry can't help you there but I'm sure someone in the club will help.

Happy XF-ing

Colin

Thanks for the reply Col. My Merc was updated that way but I can't find a Dvd player in the Jag boot or elsewhere and I've had both boot side linings out to wire up a towing facility. I'll try the website that you used. Thanks again

Dave

Hi Dave

Found this reply re XF satnav on another forum. "The nav disc player is on the upper left side of the trunk, behind a removable felt-covered panel that you just pop out. This is shown in your manual. You then "unlock" the disc player, press the eject button, and the disc comes out. To put the new one in, the nav has to be turned on inside the car."

Don't know if that's any help.

Colin

Thanks for this Colin. There is a felt removable panel on the RH side but that covers a fuse and connector tower. No Dvd. Looks like I'll have to visit the dealers to find out at some exorbitant cost I imagine. Thanks again.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have a 2012 XF Sport, and found that the sat-nav was very lacking when travelling, I looked at ******************** for updates where I was able to purchase the pen drive (not cheap) at £199.00 plus £8 next day delivery.

The pen drive duly arrived, and following the instructions I began to update the system, approximately 2 and a half hours it may take, after 5 hours of restarting the car, it still hadnt finished, and to cut a long story short almost 2 and a half days later it finally completed the update, or so I thought, I still get directed of main highways due to traffic condition changes ahead, and sent down country lanes or asked to turn when no turn exists.

Im now considering going cap in hand to my daughter (the lucky recipient of my Tom Tom live sat-nav) and begging for it back, it would of been cheaper to do this in the first place £199 can buy a lot of shoes and handbags!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Well, it's now several months since I purchased the map updates for my XF 2.2 Sport 2012, and still the update doesnt work it gets to 65% then tells me there is an error, I have reported it to Customet Services (the only link available) on the site (I tried NAV-TEQ site but there is no way of contacting anyone), I now have an inopperable sat-nav the blue tooth connectivity doesnt work I cant use my ipod and radio stations are limited, all because the update is stuck at 65%, and limits what you can do during the update process.

Having sent 2 emails and both times received an auto mated reply, stating I will be contacted within 4 working days, I am still waiting.

Does anyone know of a better contact, or even if Jaguar themselves can help?

A rather disappointed Jaguar owner.

Hi Ian

You could see if there is any useful information in this link...if not, then I would try reinstalling once more after maybe rebooting the system.

http://www.jaguarownersclub.com/forums/topic/8918-jaguar-navigation-system-diagnostics/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I checked out the link, and it refers to the DVD update, and not the USB pen drive, I have emailed Nav-teq a second time, and again received the same automated reply, that they will contact me in 4 working days, and yet again no response.

I have returned to my Jaguar Approved Dealer, who tells me they have never heard of the problem, in fact they have never done an update using the pen drive, and that I would have to leave it with them at my cost, without a guarantee of success!!!!

I'm about to send a 3rd email to Nav-teq, but I have little hope, in getting any service other than the automated email.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I have looked at Navteq's website and have pasted the instructions for updating below.

I'm sure you have carried it out as instructed but its always worth checking!

The only points I can see that may affect successful download are points 4 and 9.

Also check out ** An on screen instruction may appear on the touch screen giving instructions the "map update has paused", please press the "cancel" button to continue the update.

How do I update the navigation map data with the USB stick? 
1. Slot the USB stick containing the navigation map data into the USB interface.
2. Follow the instructions on the touch screen*.
3. Enter the map activation code.
4. During the update of the navigation map data, navigation, entertainment and telephone features are not
operational until the update is completed.
5. The USB stick must not be disconnected from the USB interface during the update process.
6. If the ignition is switched off during the map update, the update will continue automatically next time the
vehicle is started**.
7. Once updating is complete, a message is displayed on the touch screen. Press "OK" to restart the
navigation system, and then remove USB stick immediately from USB interface.
8. Allow 3 minutes for navigation to restart.
9. Exit, lock the vehicle and leave for at least 15 minutes before using the navigation system.
* The on screen instructions refer to "disk" during the download process of a DVD based system. The
USB procedure is identical.
** An on screen instruction may appear on the touch screen giving instructions the "map update has
paused", please press the "cancel" button to continue the update.

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...

Morning all

I purchased my XF new January 2010. Does anyone know if the sat nav discs have been updated since then. Also can I have some views on what you think of the sat nav. Is it like mine in as much as driving through France on a road with no turn offs, forests on either side of me, absolutely nowhere to go apart from forwards or backwards and im told to turn left followed by "please make a legal U turn".

My £100 Tom Tom is much more accurate as was my BMW system before the Jag.

In a nutshell I think its rubbish. The car however is brilliant.

David

I used SatNav updates to get an updated  disc for my s type and got a 2012/13 disc to replace the 2005 one that can with the car when I bought it secondhand.. I don't know if the XF is the same, however.

I think the Satnav in the S Type is quite good, though not as colourful at the TomTom.  Doris has got me through some complicated routes without difficulty.

Regards,

Peter.

• 3 months later...

Hi all I have the 2011 XF(UK 61 plate) however this is one of the first face lifted models.

I can confirm this model uses the usb update and not the DVD type.

navigation.com/jaguar advises that the 2011 XF is the DVD type but they do not take into account that there are face lifted models in late 2011.

Usb update took me 2.3 hours with no problems.

• Like 1

I have a 2012 XKR and I find the Sat nav excellent. I haven't had any problems whatsoever .

It is Europe 2012 -2013

Jag part No: 6W83-10E898-AJ

Denso part no: 104642-8190

There are two discs about 11 GB each disc, and they are genuine Jaguar issue.

ATB,

Trevor

Hi all

Has anyone got any advice with regards to the update disk as Satnav updates is down and I need to update my Satnav and with the cost from Jaguar £171 I don't want to be ripped off. Any suggestions would be helpfull

Hi Steve,

I used my satnav Updates, but as you say, they are down.

I have looked around and there seems to be nothing other than Jaguar at around £170 on the market.

You are only 3 years behind the most recent discs, so I would hang on another 6 months to see if Sat Nav updates come back.

I got an update 9 months ago for £30 which is the latest update for my S type, and possibly the last one.

Regards,

Peter

Steve,

As i've said (above) you're more than welcome to borrow mine if you think they'll be of any use (details in my post above)

Of to London Village now and won't be back until tomorrow, so won't be able to reply until then

ATB,

Trevor

On 7/28/2014 at 9:01 PM, Ralphiespal said:

Hi Ian, my car is also one of the first update models (61 reg). Can you tell me where you obtained the USB update from please.

I got my update from navigation.com/jaguar. For XF 2011 (face lift model) you must select XF 2012 (gen2.1 USB)