Steve,

Nearly bought something from the Taunton garage but the salesman was a bit to up himself , think his name was Justin ( or some name beginning with "J").

The main thing I have against stealerships is the hourly rate they charge for their work, and the price they charge for spare parts , which can be got a lot cheaper elsewhere .

You can't have a Jag and moan about 35 MPG , i've never had a car that's done that , I get 30 MPG on the motorway in mine, and it averages 21MPG. You'll be telling me it runs on devil's fuel next !

I also find I get better MPG if I use cruise control .

ATB,

Trevor

Trevor

I am using cruise control far more than I used to, mainly so I don't get tempted to throw my licence away!!

35mpg is fine for a 3.0 but just a bit annoying when the figures say an average of 42 from a 3.0 Diesel.

I bought mine from a Joshua so maybe the same person, to be fair I think he did give me a good deal for a car in this condition plus he let the mrs have a go in the new F Type so it put a smile on her face for a few weeks although she now wants one!

She can have one if my numbers come up

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

Joshua, that's him, he's about nine . I went there with the intention of buying an F Type, but they only had the one with the dinky toy engine in at the time, and I didn't like they way he scoffed because my XJ Supersport was white .

The F type is nice , but not a lot of room inside, at least with the XKR you have posh luggage space that poses as rear seats , but you never know, I might get The F Type R next year .

ATB,

Trevor

Trevor

I think country music is the only type I don't like!

Bit of a concern about the XJ, I have to say I am delighted with my XF from Taunton Jaguar despite being over 4 years old it only had 29K miles on the clock. It is the nicest car I have driven but I am slightly disappointed by my MPG I am averaging 35 over the last 6000 miles and the biggest chunk of that is Motorway or dual carriageway and I sit between 75 and 80 mph most days. I thought I would have got nearer 40mpg but the car is still worth it.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

About the mpg.  I have the 2.7 diesel engine in my s type and the best mpg I have got is 49.2 on a 90 mile journey with only 22 miles on the motorway, and am getting generally getting 46 mpg on longer runs with over 35 locally.  I assume your XF has twin turbos, as my s type has, and what you need to do to get a better mpg is to keep the speed at a level before the second turbo comes in, which in my case a nudge below 2000rpm which gives me just under 70mph.

Hope that helps.

Peter.

Hi Trevor

Thanks for this.

I went to Bodmin this morning and the queue on the A30 as I went over the bridge was as far as I could see in both directions as I think everyone was leaving Cornwall early to get out of the rain

Cheers

Steve

Trevor

I wanted to go to Halfords and the other half wanted to go to the supermarket and I figured it would be better than the Torpoint Ferry with the Grockles and Emmets. It was definitely better as we were not held up too much

Cheers

Steve

Hi Trevor

The disk turned up today (unfortunately after I had left for the Midlands)

I really am very grateful and if you ever need any fixings/drill bits etc (my business) just let me know and if you are ever in Torpoint drop in

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

Don't have any idea why that should be, the DVD player just reads it like any other disc , it was ok when I tried it in my car.

Do you have digital radio? have you tried retuning it ?, it sounds like it could be a bad Ariel connection . Try putting the original disc back in and see what happens , but i cannot see the DVD disc being the problem.

ATB,

Trevor

Poi Man;

Looks as though you have done a recent map update. Can you tell me what level of map you got ?

My 2013 XF has V30.12.12 map installed  but the latest map on navigation.com has no such version number assigned and they don't respond to email. Obviously don't want to put out £171 on a punt only to find I already have the latest.

Could you check what version you got and was it in any documentation you received ? although the best check is in the car itself.

Would be a great help,

Thanks in advance.

Brian,

It was a copy of mine I burnt for him. All it says is Europe 2012-2013 .and give the Jaguar part number, and Denso part number . There isn't any documentation with the discs . I would say your car being 2013 would have the latest installed, as I think mine has .

Tried the copy in my car 2012 XKF and it worked perfectly . Cannot see why it should interfere with the radio reception though  .

ATB,

Trevor

Steve,

Don't forget we are West Country now , mustn't expect miracles . In the XJ Supersport, I could have 'er indoors watching a DVD, me listening to the radio, and also the sat nav working, all with no interference .

But look positive, you're no longer up in the midlands, and this time next week you will have the problem sorted

ATB,

Trevor

Steve,

Should be going down to Brighton myself by rights , but the wife's boy has not invited her to his wedding, I somehow have got the blame for this , but I shall be having words if our paths should ever cross.

Was in Hayling Island camping many years ago, and we went to Pompey to get married, couldn't be bothered in the end, went to the pictures instead.

ATB,

Trevor

Trevor

I should have done the same with my 1st marriage in Pompey, if there had been a good film it would have saved me a lot of heartache and money!! Born and bred near Brighton so will be there on Monday!

Bad news about the wedding especially as family should rise above issues.

Hi Trevor

To add insult to injury I pulled out to overtake a caravan or 2 on the way into Yeovil and it went into restricted performance at about 3000 revs. This is the 1st time since I bought the car I have had to accelerate harder than normal and it took me by surprise.

I puled over and when I restarted the error had gone, any ideas?

cheers

Steve

Steve,

Very strange, perhaps it was just a blip, obviously keep an eye on it . This happened to me when I bough an ex dem BMW 335 M sport three years ago .

The message cleared itself, but came back now and then.  Turned out it was a faulty fuel pump, it was on all the models of the 335's at the time, BMW new about it and instead of a reacall they were replacing the fuel pumps at the first service.

The dealership also knew about this bit still sold me the car, just another reason I dislike them .

Not saying that is the problem with yours though .

ATB,

Trevor

• 3 weeks later...

I can confirm that my2013 XF had the 2012 maps installed. The latest available are for some strange reason entitled 2015, but navigation.com  confirmed they are the new 2014 maps. I have subsequently installed them (2.75 hrs, jeez, I've done an engine in situ piston change on an old motor in the same time) and the car is reporting them as 2014 version.

• 1 month later...