whats the best wax/polish for body work?

l3ddy

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to the forum and Jag ownership, is this your first?  Make sure you post some pictures, especially after you've waxed/polished it :rolleyes:

Personally I'm a fan of Autoglym but often use Collinite wax to get a deeper shine.

Best regards,

Dave

Hi Anthony,

Welcome to the forum and Jag ownership, is this your first?  Make sure you post some pictures, especially after you've waxed/polished it :rolleyes:

Personally I'm a fan of Autoglym but often use Collinite wax to get a deeper shine.

Best regards,

Dave

Hello Dave

thank you for the welcome and yes it is my first and i'm just in love with it :wub:

cheers yes i thought of auto glym as i have always used dodo juice but fancied a change

heres a few of mine i took when i first got her

IMG_1525_zps94693a1f.jpg

IMG_1523_zpsc5368b64.jpg

IMG_1529_zpsec9248ff.jpg

Hi Anthony,

She looks stunning, I'm jealous already :rolleyes:.  What black is that?  The pic of her rear end has a purple hue to it........

Best regards,

Dave

hi dave

cheers really love the colour on the log book it says red so i dont know its a sort of plum colour just can't wait for the weather to brighten up so i can wax her up :rolleyes:

Hi Anthony,

Red (plum), I'd never had guessed - either way it looks stunning.

Best regards,

Dave

hi dave

cheers really love the colour on the log book it says red so i dont know its a sort of plum colour just can't wait for the weather to brighten up so i can wax her up :rolleyes:

Hi Anthony,

Red (plum), I'd never had guessed - either way it looks stunning.

Best regards,

Dave

I have just looked the colour code up on the Jaguar website and it is listed as 'Black Amethyst Metallic'....a very nice colour that suits the car!

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

i always swear by macquairs(spelling?), found it to be very easy to apply and loks fantasticas well as being quite long lasting. got mine from halfords.  Its a bit more expensive than the normal ones available, but really very well worth it and it's what the car deserves.  they always should look their best and this helps.

hi folks I always use auto glym  carnauba wax small white tub red lid wife got me tub years ago think its about £40. I normally prep the car first ie washing several times using clay bar then wash&dry put on 2 coats of the wax then a coat of auto glym lifetime shine. it gives it the wow factor. but all this takes a full day but worth it

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, car detailing has become a bit of a thing with me since i watched a guy on Youtube called junkman2000. 

He really knows his stuff and has some great tutorials on there. I have owned my XF for 1 week and so far i have only had time to clay the bodywork. This is using a clay bar, best I've found so far is the turtle wax one with a spray bottle of lubricant, tried the Macquirs which costs more and the clay bar is half the size. It take off all sorts of marks and contaminants that polishing simply leaves behind. You have to try it to believe the difference it makes. I then use a brand called Poorboys. Its available in the uk in plenty of independent car shops but not Halfords. They have various products but i have used their No2 swirl remover, brilliant at taking out all the little swirl marks from older polishing or from car washes flailing the body work to death. It can be used in direct sunlight too so its great for just taking out the off mark when you feel like it. Next I use the White Diamond show glaze, they make a version called black hole for darker bodies, to really make the car shine. I have never waxed a car as I'm never happy with the shine and to get it better I would need to remove the wax. Best of all, this stuff smells great, a bit weird i know but most smell fantastic. Watch the guy on youtube if you have an evening to loose and the time to really get to grips with your paintwork as it becomes addictive and you find yourself looking out the bedroom window just to see it shine!! Good luck with the car, the paint colour is awesome, I need to find out what mine is, its a light blue that i haven't seen another of yet.

Hi Robert,

What you are doing sounds a bit like hard work, but worth it in the end.

There is a colour code somewhere on the car, but a quick way of finding out is using a site called  vindecoderz which will give you the exact specification of your car as it left the factory.

Regards

Peter. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello - first post for me. Over the years I must have tried every wax on the market but the one I choose is Finishkare 1000p

I do mine twice a year - March/April - then late Sept/ early Oct.

You never get the same shine with a wax as apposed to a polish but I find the water just bounces off the wax.

Finishkare is so easy to use and I do the whole car with the wax and then remove - looks ace.

Welcome to the Club, Terence.

There are so many waxes and polishes on the market is it so easy  to get so many different opinions.

I had my car treated with paint protection when I bought it two years ago, and I have only given it a polish once with a gentle autoglym polish.

I do the three bucket wash treatment - one bucket of lukewarm water using a microfibre cloth - then another bucket of similar with a little AutoGlym Shampoo & paint protector.

Finally I rinse it with another bucket of water using a microfibre cloth, dry it with a leather and then police with a microfibre cloth.

Regards, Peter.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I would agree with others, claying the car first really helps. I use Autoglym High Definition wax. It is hard work to apply and may not be a ultimately shiny as other waxes but it does last a long time. I then 'top up' with Autoglym aqua wax as well.

Welcome to the club, Ian.

It is interesting to know all of the different methods of keeping our cars nice and shiny as well as being protected from the weather.

My car is getting a three hour wash at the moment!

Regards

Peter.