UK South-East Meet in Brighton on 25th May

SteveSheldon

Hi there,

I am currently organising a Jaguar convoy and meet for the 25th May and would love it if you could come along.

The convoy will be from Pease Pottage Services on the M23 down to Brighton Seafront, with parking along Madiera Drive, of which half will be open to us and the public. Once we are all assembled there's the opportunity for a big breakfast in a seafront café to get to know one another and top up the calories and mugs of tea to get us through the day.

Advertising on the VisitBrighton website has been requested to encourage public participation, and hopefully get members of the public interested in our cars, and next week I will be contacting the local Jaguar dealership to see if I can get something organised with them for us.

Currently we will have cars there spanning from 1984 through to 2010 and everything from a humble 4 wheel drive X-Type through to the top of the range XK-R and XJS..

It is sure to be a great day for putting faces to names, and cars to faces, swapping tips, hints, ideas, fixes and all by the seaside with the backdrop of Brighton Promenades behind us showing off our luxury cars at their best.

If you think you can make it, and would enjoy a Jaguar sort of TopGear day out please drop me a line here, or email me directly at Stephen.sheldon@solidlinux.co.uk. The main thread for the meet is here: http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/uk-68/uk-south-east-meet-spring-summer-2014-brighton-107585/ but I will maintain the list here too..

So far we have 8 confirmed cars for the convoy, and 15 for the meet - if I can interest you in a great day please, please let me know...

All the best

Steve

Anyone reading this thread who has not put their name forward by a post to here, or emailed me at Stephen.sheldon@solidlinux.co.uk and happen to be at a loose end on the 25th May - why not put your name forward?

We have cars stretching from a 1984 V12 XJS right through to a 2010 XKR Coupe coming, and models from an AWD 2.5 X-Type through to the luxurious and powerful XKR's and XJ's, we have the Brighton seafront, the promenades, local fish and chips, a great café just a few metres from the meet for a big breakfast, we even have a convoy travelling from Crawley to the meet, cruising down the A23 to kick it off.. the VisitBrighton website is putting up advertising for us so you could well find your car being photographed and looked over by the public (yes I definitely need to sort the paint chips before the day :-)), we are hoping to get Jaguar involved to one degree or another, it's also a fantastic chance to put names to faces and cars, and hear Jaguar engines of all capacities and ages, even check out other Jaguar models you might be considering getting.. getting, and giving out hints, tips, fixes and causes.. Imagine a TopGear day out, but with Jaguars reserve and opulence.. and you have the day...

So, why not come along.. the more people due to come the better our chances with Jaguar doing something for us, and the more fun it will be -  chance for us to take over the one straight road right on the seafront in Brighton and make it almost exclusively Jaguar.

All the best

Steve 

Hi All,

Please refer to the link above, as cut and paste doesn't appear to function :-(

But if you would like to come along but are still undecided we currently have 17 confirmed cars for the meet, and 11 confirmed for the convoy down the A23 - so if you'd like to join us please post here or drop me a line

All the best

Steve

I have been hassling VisitBrighton to get the advertising online so am hoping it will finally appear online any day now, and will update everyone when it is up, and meanwhile I am working on JaguarWorld Monthly to see if I can get us a mention there at all.

I will update everyone as soon as I know more :-)

I still can't cut and paste lol.. but just to let you know JaguarWorld has accepted the press release about this meet and will carry it as an advert in their next issue - not too sure when that is though I'm afraid :-(

Just to let you know we currently have 18 cars confirmed for the meet, 23 attendees, and of those 11 are confirmed for the convoy down.. If you would like to participate in what is due to be a great day please pop a post up here, or on JaguarForums.com, or just email me at Stephen.sheldon@solidlinux.co.uk

All the best

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update you .. we currently have 23 cars, and 30 attendees confirmed for the meet itself with 13 of those cars also confirmed for the convoy down the A23 to make a statement on arrival :-) Jaguar style :-)

For some reason I still cannot cut and paste the up to date list to here but am hoping Jim can perform this for me - I honestly don't know why I can't.. *but* if you follow the link further up the thread you can always view the current info there.

If you would like a day by the seaside, a chance to meet everyone else, and have a Jaguar style sort of TopGear day.. please put your name down for this

All the best

Steve

Just so you know who has indicated an interest so far in attending, it now looks like the list below.... the members that CAN make it on this specific date are in red.. if you are on the list, and not in red but can make it on the 25th please let me know and I will update the list.

If YOU would like to be added please just make a post saying so (or if not a forum member you are welcome to email me at Stephen.sheldon@solidlinux.co.uk) and I will be happy to add you to the list.

Listed below are Car details plus occupants (inc driver) where we have the info.

Current List:

SteveSheldon (meicon_smile.gif) 2002 X-Type 2.5 (classic) manual + 1
Doowopfix2004 XKR Covertible auto + 1
Golan S Type R + 1
HarleyJagMan 2000 XKR 4.0 + 1
Rallihart 2009 XJ + 1
Steve.Hunt31 2003 X350 SWB 4.2 supercharged Super V8 Sport + 1
SCM2010 XKR Coupe + 1
D.Niven 2005 XJ6 3.0 + 1
BritishRacingGreen 1999 S-Type 3.0 + 2
RSsteveH Phoenix Red ARDEN XKR + 1
RGP 1984 V12 XJS + 2
SmithTrevor 2005 XKR Convertible + 1
P888PSG 2008 XKR + 1
Mark8 2009 2.7D XF + 2
Richard300 S-Type + 1
Trebor12 2002 XK + 3
Litho (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2007 XJR + 1
Johnny1Jag (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2010 XK Coupe + 1
CarlXK8 2010 XK + 1
Dodgerjames 2003 XKR + 1
Blue XJ8 XJ8 + 1
Shukan (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2006 STR + 2
Pulcino (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2012 XKR +3
Splatter88 (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2010 XJ + 1
Autokraft (JaguarOwnersClub.com) 2003 X-Type + 1
Robb (JaguarOwnersClub.com) 2005 S-Type R + 1

Total - 26 (24) cars + 34 (32) attendees.

As for the convoy from Crawley down the A23 to the venue we have:

SteveSheldon
Steve.Hunt31
RSsteveH
RGP
BritishRacingGreen
Mark8
D.Niven
Trebor12
Litho (JaguarForum.co.uk)
CarlXK8
P888PSG
Pulcino (JaguarForum.co.uk)
Splatter88 (JaguarForum.co.uk)
Johnny1Jag (JaguarForum.co.uk)
Shukan (JaguarForum.com)
Robb (JaguarForum.co.uk)

Crawley - Brighton Convoy Total - 16 ( 15 ) Cars

For any one else considering coming along but not yet decided... Why not come along?

This should be a great day out for you, and your car, by the seaside against the classic backdrop of the Brighton promenades.

A chance to meet the other forum members (you have often wondered what faces and cars are represented by the posts on here), pick up hints or tips about your car and do the same for others. A chance to say thanks in person to members that have helped you, or them of you.

This is a fantastic chance to see all the models of Jaguar in just one place, hear the gorgeous sound of a number of different capacities and ages of Jaguar engines, and to see the work we all put in to show our cars off at their best.

The will be cars right from 1984 through to 2012 there.. over 25 years of car production by our favourite luxury car manufacturer. Additionally I am trying to get every model represented if I can.

Also, In addition to the meet itself we are also organising a convoy down the A23 from Crawley to Brighton for the start of the day, along with the obligatory big breakfast and mugs of tea in a local café there before we start, and a chance to get to know everyone.

During the day members of public will likely have a look at our cars and photograph them, asking questions, stopping to chat.. we'll get some pics of our meet and the signed banner up on the forum.. and most importantly we will know who is who on the forum.. and their cars icon_smile.gif

Currently I have sorted advertising with the VisitBrighton tourism website and JaguarWorld Monthly, and will next tackle the local papers to see what additional public interest we can get in this event..

I am hoping we can also get something or other sorted with Jaguar but I think we are dependant on numbers to manage that - but we will give it a good go.

So if you are free on the 25th of May and want a really good Top Gear type of Jaguar day out please just put your name down for it..

• 2 weeks later...
Just so you know who has indicated an interest so far in attending, it now looks like the list below....

If YOU would like to be added please just make a post saying so (or if not a forum member you are welcome to email me at Stephen.sheldon@solidlinux.co.uk) and I will be happy to add you to the list.

Listed below are Car details plus occupants (inc driver) where we have the info.

Current List:

SteveSheldon (me:-)) 2002 X-Type 2.5 (classic) manual + 1
Doowopfix 2004 XKR Covertible auto + 1
Golan S Type R + 1
Rallihart 2009 XJ + 1
SCM 2010 XKR Coupe + 1
D.Niven 2005 XJ6 3.0 + 1
RGP 1984 V12 XJS + 2
P888PSG 2008 XKR + 1
Mark8 2009 2.7D XF + 2
Richard300 S-Type + 1
Trebor12 2002 XK + 3
CarlXK8 2010 XK + 1
Dodgerjames 2003 XKR + 1
Blue XJ8 XJ8 + 1
OctaineJunkie(PistonHeads.com) XJR + 1

Total - 27 (25) cars + 35 (33) attendees.

SteveSheldon
Steve.Hunt31
RSsteveH
RGP
BritishRacingGreen
Mark8
D.Niven
Trebor12
CarlXK8
P888PSG
Shukan (JaguarForum.com)
Robb (JaguarForum.co.uk)
Blue XJ8

Crawley - Brighton Convoy Total - 17 ( 16 ) Cars

Hi Autokraft - I'll post up more details in the next week or two as we get closer to the date but the overall plan will be for everyone who is joining the convoy to meet at Pease Pottage Motorway Services by 9am on the day with an ETA at Brighton seafront at about 9:45am. If we set up too late in the morning we wont have the availability of adjacent spaces we could do with..

All the best

Steve

OK, here is the list (current as of now) .... the members that CAN make it on this specific date are in red.. if you are on the list, and not in red but can make it on the 25th please let me know and I will update the list.

Current List:

Golan S Type R + 1
Rallihart 2009 XJ + 1
SCM 2010 XKR Coupe + 1
D.Niven 2005 XJ6 3.0 + 1
RGP 1984 V12 XJS + 2
P888PSG 2008 XKR + 1
Mark8 2009 2.7D XF + 2
Richard300 S-Type + 1
Trebor12 2002 XK + 3
CarlXK8 2010 XK + 1
Dodgerjames 2003 XKR + 1
Blue XJ8 XJ8 + 1
OctaineJunkie (PistonHeads.com) XJR + 1
Dragonhunter (JaguarForum.co.uk) 2007 X-Type 3.0 manual + 1
SmithTrevor 2005 XKR + 1

Total - 29 (27) cars + 37 (35) attendees.

SteveSheldon
Steve.Hunt31
RSsteveH
RGP
BritishRacingGreen
Mark8
D.Niven
Trebor12
CarlXK8
P888PSG
Shukan (JaguarForum.com)
Robb (JaguarForum.co.uk)
Blue XJ8
Dragonhunter (JaguarForum.co.uk)
OctaineJunkie (PistonHeads.com)
SmithTrevor

Crawley - Brighton Convoy Total - 20 ( 19 ) Cars

Could anyone that wants to come along, but either doesn't have a Jaguar,
or has one but it is off the road for any reason, please drop me a line
as we do have a number of free seats in cars that will definately be
coming along and I will happily connect anyone needing a seat with a
seat (yes I know - bad grammar lol)_ but should you want to come along
and want a lift please let me know and I'll get something sorted for you

All the best

Steve

For any one else considering coming along but not yet decided... Why not come along?

This should be a great day out for you, and your car, by the seaside against the classic backdrop of the Brighton promenades.

A chance to meet the other forum members (you have often wondered what faces and cars are represented by the posts on here), pick up hints or tips about your car and do the same for others. A chance to say thanks in person to members that have helped you, or them of you.

This is a fantastic chance to see all the models of Jaguar in just one place, hear the gorgeous sound of a number of different capacities and ages of Jaguar engines, and to see the work we all put in to show our cars off at their best.

There will be cars right from 1984 through to 2012 there.. over 25 years of car production by our favourite luxury car manufacturer. Additionally I am trying to get every model represented if I can.

Also, In addition to the meet itself we are also organising a convoy down the A23 from Crawley to Brighton for the start of the day, along with the obligatory big breakfast and mugs of tea in a local café there before we start, and a chance to get to know everyone.

During the day members of public will likely have a look at our cars and photograph them, asking questions, stopping to chat.. we'll get some pics of our meet and a signed meeting banner up online.. and most importantly we will know who is who on the forums.. and their cars :-)

Currently I have sorted advertising with the VisitBrighton tourism website and JaguarWorld Monthly, and additionally with the local paper..

I am hoping we can also get something or other sorted with Jaguar but I think we are dependant on how inclined they are to get involved - but we will give it a good go.

So if you are free on the 25th of May and want a really good Top Gear type of Jaguar day out please just put your name down for it..

All the best

Steve

Please note the master thread is here 

http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/uk-68/uk-south-east-meet-spring-summer-2014-brighton-107585/

should you want to see the full history...

OK, here is the very latest list (current as of now) .... the members that CAN make it on this specific date are in red.. if you are on the list, and not in red but can make it on the 25th please let me know and I will update the list.

Current List:

Golan S Type R + 1
Rallihart 2009 XJ + 1
SCM 2010 XKR Coupe + 1
D.Niven 2005 XJ6 3.0 + 1
RGP 1984 V12 XJS + 2
P888PSG 2008 XKR + 1
Mark8 2009 2.7D XF + 2
Richard300 S-Type + 1
Trebor12 2002 XK + 3
CarlXK8 2010 XK + 1
Dodgerjames 2003 XKR + 1
Blue XJ8 XJ8 + 1
SmithTrevor 2005 XKR + 1
BigTel (JaguarForum.co.uk) XFR 100 + 4

Total - 30 (28) cars + 41 (39) attendees.

SteveSheldon
Steve.Hunt31
RSsteveH
RGP
BritishRacingGreen
Mark8
D.Niven
Trebor12
CarlXK8
P888PSG
Shukan (JaguarForum.com)
Robb (JaguarForum.co.uk)
Blue XJ8

SmithTrevor

BigTel (JaguarForum.co.uk)

Crawley - Brighton Convoy Total - 21 ( 20 ) Cars

We currently have 20 Cars confirmed for the convoy down the A23 to the
meet, and a total of 27 cars for the meet itself on the seafront - if
you are free on the 25th of this month, and would like a great day by
the seaside, a chance to check out a range of Jag's and equipment
levels, listening to the roar of V12, V8, and V6 engines.. and putting
faces and cars to the names you have seen online on the forums.. we have
people coming along from JaguarForums.com, JaguarForum.co.uk,
Pistonheads.com, and JaguarOwnersClub.com .. so why not join us for a
great day out?

OK it's happening THIS MONTH, here is the very latest list (current as of now) .... the members that CAN make it on this specific date are in red.. if you are on the list, and not in red but can make it on the 25th please let me know and I will update the list.

Current List:

Golan S Type R + 1
Rallihart 2009 XJ + 1
SCM 2010 XKR Coupe + 1
D.Niven 2005 XJ6 3.0 + 1
RGP 1984 V12 XJS + 2
P888PSG 2008 XKR + 1
Mark8 2009 2.7D XF + 2
Richard300 S-Type + 1
Trebor12 2002 XK + 3
CarlXK8 2010 XK + 1
Dodgerjames 2003 XKR + 1
Blue XJ8 XJ8 + 1
BigTel (JaguarForum.co.uk) XFR 100 + 4
Stedman (PistonHeads.com) 2004 XJR + 1

Total - 30 (28) cars + 41 (39) attendees.

SteveSheldon
Steve.Hunt31
RSsteveH
RGP
BritishRacingGreen
Mark8
D.Niven
Trebor12
CarlXK8
P888PSG
Shukan (JaguarForum.com)
Robb (JaguarForum.co.uk)
Blue XJ8

SmithTrevor

BigTel (JaguarForum.co.uk)
Stedman (PistonHeads.com)

Crawley - Brighton Convoy Total - 22 ( 21 ) Cars

OK, I have had quite a few requests for more specific info on times and places - everything is still very much a work in progress and I will be putting up every iota of info I have a week or so before the meet..

Meanwhile though this is what I have so far for your info..

The plan (so far) is:

25th May

8:45am-9:00am Initial Meet at Pease Pottage Service Station at the bottom of the M23
9:15am Leave in convoy travelling down the A23 to Madiera Drive, Brighton.
9:45 Arrive in Madiera Drive approx taking as many adjacent parking slots in one block as we can.
10:00am Head off for big breakfast and mugs of tea in a cafe literally just a few metres from the parking which I know has reasonable pricing, nice food and great tea :-)
10:30am Back to the cars, to meet the public, check out cars etc..

That is it so far - but it is still a work in progress. I will be contacting the local Jaguar Dealership next week to try to get them involved in any way they will agree to.. I am currently working on dashboard info sheets so we know who's car is who's (bad grammar there) and anypertinent info for anyone having a look or photographing their cars.. I am looking into name tags if I can do it on a budget (grin) as I at least am terrible with names.. there will also be a forum banner everyone needs to sign, and if we can get some group shots for the forums it would be great..

I am very open to anyone's thoughts or suggestions for the day..

As for costings for this.. aside from your fuel you are looking at for likely about £5 or thereabouts at the cafe, and the parking (it's gone up this year) £10 for four hours per slot or £15 for 11 hours per space.

I am looking into maybe next year we take over Madiera Drive, closing it exclusively for our use.. but I am way ahead of myself and we will need about £400 of sponsorship to close the road.. again I am open to thoughts and suggestions as always on this.

I hope this info helps you - I am very open to tweaks and suggestions on things - but am hoping things are organised OK :-))