New Owner

Lord H

Hi Richard,

Get owners Club stickers on your car and look out for others!  There are plenty of members around in the Home of the Jaguar.

When I bought my first Jaguar I was told that I would never drive another make of car.  It is true!

Enjoy your car.

Regards,

Peter.

Thanks for the welcome Old Peter

yes they are made just down the road from where I live.... infact I know a few people from my gun club that work there...... I wonder if any of them have big sandwhich boxes (will a new bonnet and headlights bolt straight on??) hehehe

I have also noticed the A Pillar trim isn't properly fitted anyone know how it comes off? dont want to be wedging screwdrivers in to get it off to re-fit properly when it tells me there is an air bag hidden in there somewhere....

pretty rubbish the weather I cant wait for it to dry out a bit either haven't driven her in the dry yet wass peeing down on thursday when i went to see it peeing down yesterday driving it home and peeing it down today..... when will it stop!!!

I hear tomorrow might be dry :)

Also sorted the trim

you have to pick out the badge that says air bag on it then there is a torx screw behind it undo that and hey presto job's a good un

I'm assuming mine has had a new windscreen as this is where the connections for the heated windscreen are thats why it had been taken off in the first place

Hi Richard,

I live very close, too - 6 miles away in Sutton Coldfield.

When it rains [and it has just stopped], I look on the positive side and go out when it has stopped and leather her down and then polish with micro fibre cloths.

That is handy to know about the trim.

Regards,

Peter.

You northerners don't know what real rain is, it's more like the tide coming down here.

what are your opinions on wire wheels? I have always liked them, but wondered if they're worth the expense .

ATB,

Trevor

I bought my car from Stratstone in Solihull.  I had spent some time looking around for the right S Type and found one in Perth and enquired from Stratstone if they moved cars around.  The following day I had a phone call from Stratstone Solihull saying that they had just got one in  --  Indigo Blue Metallic with a lower mileage than the one in Perth.  Thought about it for a few days, went down, saw it, bought it and am still smiling when I drive it.

I assume that your engine is the 3.0 litre diesel which replaced the 2.7 diesel which is in my car.  One of the things you need to do with a modern diesel is to make sure that you give it a good run at least once a month ----  a great excuse to give it a bit of welly on the M42.

Regards

Peter.

wire wheels hmmmm look nice but gotta be a nightmare to clean....

I first drove the XF from Stratstone Solihull on tuesday was looking at the BMW 535D before that drove it liked it bought one from Chipping Norton on Thursday picked it up yesterday been smiling ever since :-)

Wire Wheels look nice, Trevor, but take a lot of cleaning.  My motorbikes had wire wheels  --  they were common in the sixties  ---  and the spokes could go on them and you would have to have a wheel rebuild.

They will probably be stronger now, but I don't think they will improve the wheels you have.

It is now raining hard again, so I am not leathering the car down!

Regards,

Peter.

Peter,

Ok you've convinced me, I'll keep the ones I have.  "Raining hard"  that is just a light mist ?

Richard, had a new BMW 3 M sports convertible, and a new BMW M3 convertible, and the Jags are miles better than those also .

ATB,

Trevor ( I know what proper rain is)

I'm on the border between the hills and the flatlands of the fens. Bourne in Lincolnshire and it flooded here on Friday. My place was ok but up the road in Morton it was 2 feet under!

Was going to wash mine today but didn't see the point with the roads in the state they're in

It is a well known fact, as Harry, the man who sells eggs in the market told me, that it rains more in the North than it does in the South.  In fact, Seatoller in Borrowdale near Keswick is the rainiest place the the UK.

However, us northerners [i am a Lancastrian] know how to manage water.  You can tell from the map that Scotland is higher than the Lake District due to their Mountains, and the Lake district is higher than than the Peak District, which is higher than the Midlands.  When it gets here we point it towards the Downs -- co called because it is further down the country and the water finishes up in Devon.

Good thinking from us Northerners.