Auxiilary heater 2.7 diesel S Type 2006

Keith1

Had my 2006 2.7 diesel for 2 years now and never had a problem.

Cold in the winter and takes ages to warm up.

I didn't know it had an auxiliary heater until somebody told me recently.

I don't think mine is working or has worked since I've had the car because I have never heard it or seen any smoke coming from the front in the winter which I now believe is a sign of it operating in the winter.

Does anybody know how I can switch it on or check that it does work?

Has anybody else had a problem with theirs?

I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Hi Keith,

P157 of the Owner's manual gives the information you need.

Assuming you have not got a manual I will give you a précis of what it says:

AUX HEATER:  DIESEL ONLY.

This aids in warming the engine and the car interior.

It is integrated int the cooling system and is automatically switched on or off depending on the coolant and the ambient temperatures while the engine is running.

It is possible that vapour may appear from the front of the vehicle for a short time plus a slight smell of diesel.

NOTE: The Auxiliary heater will not function when the climate control is switched off.'

I don't know how to check it or if it is working but I guess that if it isn't a message will appear.

Regards,

Peter.

Yes I read that page of the handbook but  it doesn't give any details as to check whether it is on or not or any way of checking it.

Almost everybody that mentions them in the forums speaks of an obvious plume of smoke coming from the front passenger side of the car in the winter when it switches itself on.

One suggestion I had from elsewhere was to pull the fuse that covers the auxiliary heater while the engine is running then when its pushed back in the heater will fire up regardless of the temp, I tried that put it still didn't appear to be on.

Hi Keith,

I have found that when the weather is cold the cabin will heat up quite quickly and the engine less quickly, but as soon as the cabin reaches the required temperature the engine quickly reaches its normal temperature.  This must indicate that it is working correctly,

Peter.

• 1 month later...

I have the same year and model and the auxiliary heater has worked since I've had the vehicle, albeit, it was somewhat disconcerting when I first noticed it and was not aware why these plumes of blue smoke were appearing from the nearside wheel arch. 

However, in the last couple of weeks these diesel fumes have been finding there way inside the car, presumably through the air vents, which apart from being extremely unpleasant is not good from a health point of view.

Has anybody experienced this problem and/or know what the remedy is to prevent it happening before either my wife or I become asphyxiated

Hi Alan, And welcome to the club.

I do notice the fumes but only for a second.  But I don't get the puff of blue smoke.

It could be the  vents that are opened, but basically I do not know.

I did have my car Terracleaned in the summer and it has made a difference, so it could be something in the fuel burning.

Regards,

Peter.

• 2 weeks later...

In order to stop the fumes entering the cabin, push and hold the recirculate button until it beeps twice then release, this will keep the flap closed until you push again or restart.  If you want to know any more information, I made another post under fumes entering cabin.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership