2.0 x type cutting out

Italiot

Hi I'm new to the owners club as I have only recently bought my x type 2.0d classic estate

My car is a 54 plate with 178000 miles on recently serviced all filters and Oil,new inter cooler hose,new tyres brakes and discs I got the car running as it should a couple of weeks after the intercooler hose replacement started a long journey just filled up after about 7-8 mile of heavy traffic started to accelerate on to the motorway when the car when in to limp mode but when I turned engine off and back on it would reset the accelerating between 2000-3000 rpm it would happen again I had to drive home using my gears trying not to put it under load so it wouldn't cut out no codes showing car sat for one week till I had the time to look at it got given some advise from a friend that we needed to take some of the fuel out of the car to be sure it wasn't related to the full tank the only way we were able to get the fuel out was from the fuel filter after the car started ok but we started to here a buzzing sound from around the engine car stop had to get jump leads out to get the engine to attemp start opened nuts slightly on injectors went to turn over fuel came out of each one as we though there may be air in the line closed all nuts back can get car to start then it revs up while starting after between 3-5 second the engine cuts out glow plug icon flashes up been on this for about a week now I finally managed to retrieve a code today from my OBD reader code was

P0251 generic

Injector pump fuel metering control A

(Cam / rotor / injector)

I have replaced the camshaft sensor today on advise but still failing to get the engine to keep running has anyone come across this issue before of have any advise to resolve this problem as can't afford to take car to the garage so have to do all the work myself any help on advise would be much appreciated thanks

Also I'm looking for a OBD software to use any recommendations

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

Hi Aaron, and welcome to the club.

I am not an engineer, but I am wondering if the fuel system needs cleaning.  I am a fan of preventative maintenance, and periodically - about every 3,000 miles - put in some Wynns diesel engine cleaner --  you can get it from Halfords for about £7.

I have just put some into my son's 2.0 litre Diesel X Type Sport Estate, with 92k on the clock.

These engines - Ford Duratorq - do last a long time, often well over 200k.

Good luck,

Peter.

Hi funny enough about 10 miles before the problem started it just a full tank and STP injector cleaner which to my understanding is the same stuff but I not sure if it has too much air in it as we were trying to empty the tank to rule out the cleaner but only managed to get 1/4 tank out then car starts the cuts out instead of staying running as did before

Sent from my SM-T365 using Tapatalk

Hi Aaron,

I am no expert on modern cars, but I did it on an Austin Allegro [not mine, I hasten to say] many years ago by disconnecting the fuel supply to the carburettor [sU] and turning the engine over letting the fuel run into a container.

Regards,

Peter.

• 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership