XF 2.0 D Luxury 2011 reg.    Boot will not open with either keyfob, internal dash button or external boot button, already tried key into hidden lock release nothing. when any of the electronic devises are used all I get is a solenoid on and off sound repeating and no boot release.......... any ideas guys 

it may be one in a million chance but go to the boot and give it a good heavy thump ... it might not have locked in,  another option have you pressed the "valet" button" no that's too simple, ! you are using the right key, the only way you are going to get the kids out of the boot is call the fire brigade, well its school tomorrow, ,

When all else fails hit it with the hammer someone said once and that never worked either, but did try what you said out of desperation :wallbash: next thing I will take a look at will be the valet option, as my son was looking at what all the features were. Perhaps I should of locked him in there 🤣😂🤣

hi

seen this before might be same fault

its known to break wires, on the boot hinges, where they bend, every time you open and close the boot

if you can get in the boot by folding the back seats wriggle the wires to the boot near the pivot point

also not sure on the xf but the s-type had a emergency key boot opener, on the under side of the boot handle, maybe the xf has similar

cheers

Joe

Cheers Joe, 

something else to look at, if it’s possible to get into the boot via back seats. Only I’ve been told that the release handles for the rear seats are in the boot, also tried the boot key no luck.