2004 XK 8 - Low Beam Headlight Replacement

I recently purchased a 2004 Jaguar XK8 (Convertible V8).  The driver's side low-beam (dip beam) headlight stopped working a couple of days ago.  It is a halogen (H2) bulb.  I went ahead and ordered genuine H2 replacement bulbs from EBAY.  I did my research and I know they are the correct bulb type.  I replaced the bulb and it is not working.  This may be a stupid question, but before I take it to the dealership I want to try to fix this issue on my own.  I am assuming that the next logical step would be to replace the wiring harness?  If so, does it seems like something that would be doable for the your average guy?  I am no mechanic, but I am able to follow instructions (mostly off of You Tube videos) and complete minor repairs.  Is there something I should check or test before I replace the wiring harness?  Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you, all. 

View all the latest Jaguar leasing deals here:

Limited Stock*for early 2022

*Due to the on-going semiconductor issues, the supply of new cars and vans has been dramatically hit. If you are due to change your vehicle/s in the next year or so you will NEED to start looking now to avoid disappointment or potentially being without a vehicle.