Tommo7869

XF differential problem

Morning gents and ladies new to the site hoping someone can help me out with some advice.

08 XF 2.7 diesel

jaguar have told me I have a drive shaft diff seal leaking and play in the bearing, the parts aren't made any more so need a new differential at a cost of nearly £3500!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone on here had this sort of problem before and have you been able to over come it, I've been thinking about getting a second hand diff, will the diff off a newer model fit?

Again any help would be appreciated.

Andy,

Firstly I would try an independent garage, as Jag dealerships charge an arm and a leg .

Jag claimed I had a diff problem on my XKR , which was less than two years old, it was the electronic control box that was at fault .

Jag couldn't get the part for a month as it was made in Germany .

To cut a long story short, I got shot of it .

ATB,

Trevor

Hi I have a 208 XF with the same problem ..the NS or passenger output shaft seal leaks. It has had a total of 5 new seals over the last 6 years with regular topping up and still leaks. I have tried jag seals and pattern seals as well as sealing the oil sea in the diff housing but still it leaks.

I love the car but I am now considering getting rid of it. There must be a way o overcoming this

Please help .