Boka

Strange noise

Hi all 

got 2.5 awd x type love it .

twice now whilst driving have heard a strange noise I can't pin point is a whiring noise not metal on metal and disappears within 30 seconds .... Should I worry lol .

any help appreciated 

regards to all 

dave :wacko:

Hi David,

i have the same car, the AWD do have a slight whirling noise in the drive train that appears and dissapears dependant on speed/rpm, mine is not intrusive but you can detect this noise slightly at times, funnily enough, when I lived in NZ I had Mitsubishi 3.5 v6 with perm 4x4 and it had a similar whirling noise, so, I would suggest it is pretty normal and nothing to worry about, having said that, keep an eye on it and if it get worse drop into your mech for a checkup. 

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks tigger

never thought of that just as a matter of coincidence does it sometimes occur whilst reversing .

will rest easy unless it gets much worse 

thanks again 

regards

dave

I can't answer that Dave tbh, I've got so used to it that I don't notice it much, I'm out in it tomorrow:yahoo:, so will do a bit of figure of 8 reversing to see what happens and report back :yes:

Sorry been slightly preoccupied elsewhere ...

how did that go for you lol 

havent had a recurrence and still smiling broadly 😊

Hi David,

apologies, likewise had a busy week, did a bit of reversing but nothing untoward, glad everything's going well :wink1: