Tom H

Tyre pressure warning on XF

This comes on intermittently. When it first came on it was right as my front right was a bit low. However it still comes on now and there is nothing wrong with the tyre pressure. any ideas?

Probably the sensor they do tend to play up.  Have it replaced. 

15 hours ago, Henry said:

Probably the sensor they do tend to play up.  Have it replaced. 

Cheers, I'll monitor it for now until I change the tyre next week.

Hi guys,

I have had my XF for over 4 years and the tyre pressure warning indication came on pretty much when I got the car. On another forum I was advised to let all of the tyres down to around 2 bar so that all of the tyres indicated low pressure. When you have done this, start the engine and inflate the tyres to their normal pressure. This works but after a few weeks the false indication starts to reappear and you have to go over the process again. Does anyone know of a permanent fix?

Cheers,

Rob

On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 4:40 PM, RobbyD said:

Hi guys,

I have had my XF for over 4 years and the tyre pressure warning indication came on pretty much when I got the car. On another forum I was advised to let all of the tyres down to around 2 bar so that all of the tyres indicated low pressure. When you have done this, start the engine and inflate the tyres to their normal pressure. This works but after a few weeks the false indication starts to reappear and you have to go over the process again. Does anyone know of a permanent fix?

Cheers,

Rob

That really does sound like you have a faulty indicator.

Mine has not come on for a month now, fingers crossed its sorted itself out.

Sorry to jump in on someone else's thread but...
Last week I managed to collect a screw in my rear tyre in the car park at work. I think it was probably flat before I left the car park but I didnt notice until the horrible noise started.  The question is, I didn't receive any tyre pressure warnings at all.  So, if the tyre is flat when you power up the car, does the system not recognise it as a loss in pressure?  Seems a bit odd but at the moment the system seems pretty worthless.

Also, how is the system reset after the tyre pressures are all set at the correct levels after a period where the pressure has slowly dropped off by a few psi?

Any help gladly received :)