Newbie to Forum

Hi all , just like to introduce myself I have bought my first Jaguar it is a 2007 S Type SE miles at just hit 90k. too be honest I have had it since just before Christmas.

I have all ways wanted one as I cant afford a Bentley ( yet ) , just waiting for Mr Camelot to find my numbers  lol .

In the few months that I have owned it , I  have really been impressed and started to really love the car ,  that they do grow on you  . I have had the mod on the exhaust done as it was leaking fumes ( all done beautiful , now I can smell the car freshener ).

I also have had fitted the door laser projectors , when the front doors open it projects a small white circle with the Jaguar logo on the ground .very cheap and easy to fit.

If you are interested they can be bought on eBay. roughly 11-12 pounds plus you get a small drill bit to drill the exact size hole in the door panel.

I have not got power mirrors or at least , I think I haven't so this is the next thing that I  would like to fit .  I am wondering if these can be easily fitted if I bought 2 of the power folding I have posted on one of the threads asking about this .

I hope to speak with you in the future cheers Mally.

Hi Malcolm, and welcome to the club.

Buying a car from the near the end of its production run is usually a safe bet.  All issues have usually been ironed out.

You don't say if your car is the Diesel or the petrol version  ---  both cars are great and the diesel is very economical and also very  quick when you want it to.

Have you the s type handbook, as I think you car - the SE the same as mine should have the powerfold mirrors, using the circular switch at the top of the switch panel on the driver's door?  It took me a few months to find it!

I was driving up the M6 last Saturday and the worst piece of driving I saw was a man in a Bentley who cut across three lanes at high speed to bully his way to an exit.The best bit of driving [after myself] was a red E Type Jaguar, who was also going quickly who never broke the rules of the road.

Regards,

Peter. 

Hi Jim and Hi to you too Peter

Thank you both for your kind welcome to the forum. it is the 2.7 diesel Peter , ( my first diesel car ever ) . the first image is of the car when I purchased it.

The second is about 2 hours later parked at my works as I still had my car (2.0 focus ) on the drive at home.

I will post a few more shortly .

Yes Jim raistlinn has advised me how to go about fitting them.  I actually picked a pair up today for £130 , it should have been £140 but I collected them rather that courier.

I got them from jojags in speke in Liverpool, very nice and helpful staff .

Too be honest not really regarding any other mods Jim ,as I wanted the power fold mirrors I am just going to keep it as is .

I got the guy at jojags to double check for me when I got there , he said no there standard , all beit they have memory and anti glare glass fitted. I have got the handbook and All the service history All done at Jag also yes I have got the handbook Peter.

It was not me in the Bentley Flying Spur as I do drive the company 's quite a lot  ( 3 rd pic ) we also have a Phantom Rolls .

E Type beautiful machine Peter , in 1971 I left school to be an apprentice mechanic , at a garage in Liverpool ( which is not around anymore ) called Watsons in Roscoe st  off Renshaw st ., learning on BMC , JAG and Rolls Royce. Great days .

silver jag.jpg

20151021_191939.jpg

phantom_and_Bentley_011_-_Copy.JPG

phantom_and_Bentley_003_-_Copy.JPG

Hi Mally,

The s type you have is the same year as mine and also the 2.7 Diesel - which is a great engine. It needs a good run once a month to regenerate the DPF, and a nice little run up the M6 or through Rainford, and Ormskirk to Aisdale will do.

I lived in Widnes for 32 years before emigrating to Wales, Derbyshire, and now here in the west Midlands.

The S type does not need modifications - but some items not fitted by Jaguar can be retrofitted, and Paul is the expert in that field.

I know Liverpool quite well as my wife is a Liverpudlian and we visit regularly.

Regards,

Peter.

P1000955.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Peter , , the gentleman thought I bought the car off let me know about the dpf . I do go on the m57 most days so if fact it does get a good run.

Thank you for letting me know though .

That is a nice blue , similar to the car I was originally going to buy , but it was over in Sheffield . I really normally look at lots of vehicles before I make my mind up it has to be right .

But it was a long way to go , especially if it wasn't right upon arrival.

My wife and I shop in Widnes most Saturdays , but at the moment we have give it a miss as they are constructing the New Bridge next to the Runcorn bridge. and when we went the week before last , we actually  had to GO OVER THE BRIDGE to come back to get home crazzzy .

Paul did advise me and I will post some pics when fitted.

I have just checked over the power fold units lubricated them all ready to be fitted. (  pic below )alas not today it is tipping down , and the car wont fit in the conservatory ha ha.

I have the option of going to use the garage at work loads of room , but I love my weekends at home.

When you are coming up to Liverpool let me know and I will pass you some complimentary tickets for the Liverpool Sightseeing Tour I am sales manager ,

you will love it. really.

We have just taken delivery of a vintage rolls Royce to add to our limousine fleet and I have posted a pic blow also.

Cheers mally.

20160402_120255.jpg

20160316_160355.jpg

Hi Mally, 

I do get lost in Widnes whenever I go, and as they have knocked down the village a mile outside the town ht told landmarks have gone.

My wife is 75 on the 23rd April, and our daughter and son in law are giving he a birthday present by coming up from London and taking us both out to dinner in a very posh restaurant  --  in a very tall building!

I will PM you with my 'phone number and the name of the hotel we are staying in  --  there is a big car park near it where we can park.

Regards,

Peter.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peter ,

Great speaking with you sir. I look forward to meeting you on the 22nd . I have your tour tickets all ready for you .hopefully your

Wife will enjoy it on her Birthday .

I have added an image of the car now the power folds have been fitted . I was told they are very hard to come by and  I actually bought 3 as the first one  was a n/s, and then i saw 2 others but they were getting sold as a pair.

I have put the n/s one on eBay it has a blue cover but that can be changed . i was not sure if you could sell through the forum and i didn't want to upset any of the moderators .

See you soon. Mally. 

20160413_123940.jpg

Hi Mally, 

You can sell things on the forum  ---  if you scroll through the various sub Forums, you will find one with For sale items.  But if you put things on eBay you can put the link on this site too.

We are looking forward to the trip, but I am unsure whether we go on the tour on the Friday or on the Saturday, yet.

On the Sunday, as we are returning home lunch timeish, Fran and I wondered if we could buy you and your wife lunch at a hostelry on the route?  Please say yes.

Regards,

Peter.