Good evening all.l recently bought a 2014 jaguar 2.2 litters diseal and its giving me 25.5 mpg is that normal.i put normal diseal full tank  for £70 and i drove only 139 miles and the tank is now just below half. please help

Welcome to the Club, Richard.

The fuel consumption you will get from a diesel depends very much on the length of the journeys that you do.

As a comparison I have just checked the mpg on my s type which has the 2.7 diesel V6 engine, and it is 20.4 mpg. In the past three weeks I have only done short runs and that high mpg doesn't surprise me. I will probably do a longer run this afternoon or tomorrow and I expect to get about 40 mpg.

The best mpg I have had is 50.2 which was driving to Sheffield on the A38 and M1, with a 50mph limit on the M1 due to road works.  Driving down to Devon last year for a holiday, I got 46 mpg, which is normal on a long run using Cruise Control.  I also use premium fuel which I find gives me a better mpg. 

Regards,

Peter.

• Thanks 1