Rear Chrome Bumper Strip

Porto

Hi Gents,

I have sustained a crack in the rear R/H chrome bumper strip and would like to replace it myself. They are available on eBay but as a non-mechanically able individual, are they eay to remove and refit?

Advice would be most appreciated.

Regards

Graham

Graham, I have just had a look at my rear bumper, and it looks a bit tricky.  I could be very wrong as there must be someone around who has done it.

I am only any good with a lump hammer and a crowbar.

Peter

Hi graham

I had mine changed from silver to chrome I let a garage do it, when I picked car up after the machanic said it was a pain to get bumpers off and then most of the clips at the rear of them broke, lucky the ones I got off eBay came with clips

Regards

Simon

Hi Simon,

I have had a quote from the Jaguar main dealer here in Portugal and they reckon that they can do the job in one and a half hours, but having been told that the bumper has to come off, I think that even an experienced mechanic would struggle to do it in that time. so I may just put up with the damage and if I win the Euromillions tonight, I'll buy a new XF!

Cheers

Graham