alarm problem

Dan the man

Peter,

Although I agree to a certain extent I cannot believe the attitude by Jaguar themselves to my grievances  .

They totally dismissed the findings of the independent garage (obviously as it suits them).

They would not accept that the car had not been serviced even after it was them themselves that offered me a discounted deal , which fell in line a year to the last service in the book , and the service light came on the following day .

They said (their figures ) that the back brake pads were "only" 50% worn when they sold me the car, and seemed to think this was totally acceptable after me paying £50K in cash for the car .

It is their arrogance and attitude that their wasn't any possibility they were in the wrong . Surely for the sake of custom relations just a small gesture on their behalf could have poured Oil on troubled waters .

Whatever they say I do not think it is right that a customer should have to pay £648 to have the car serviced and the back brake pads replaced just 19 weeks and less than 3000 miles after it was bought .

Even a simple apology would have done , but they are not even bothered in the slightest in losing what I think is a very good customer.

Gripe over .

ATB,

Trevor

I agree, Trevor.

I did get a free repair  from a Rover Main Dealer when a failure occurred a couple of weeks after a service plus a courtesy car for the week because of it.  Additionally, the put a note on my service record that for all occasions when my car was in for service they would provide a courtesy car for me.

They are also Jaguar franchised and although I do not have them service my car, I do get some assistance from them when my mechanic is unavailable.

It does't take much to admit they were wrong!

Regards,

Peter.

Just reading these comments and can see a bit of both sides... You mentioned you paid £50K for your XK - which means it can't have been new? 18/24 months old?

When buying my XK at nearer £35k and around half the brand new price I figured I would not be getting a new car, but one with worn parts. Surely you expect the to have higher maintenance bills unless you bite the bullet and pay brand new car prices!? I also had a few stonechips on the car but again - if I wanted a perfect one I accept I need to look at new.

I figure with a £700 service bill plus your £50k spent on the car you're still better off than buying a new XK and hearing it depreciate out on your driveway???

Just an idea?

Mark

Mark,

It is the lies that has got me.

I expect to pay maintenance bills , but 19 weeks after I had bought it, after they had told me it had been serviced ?

In the last three years I have bought four cars from them. £54K , £64K, £50K, and £50K .

So they have well made their money out of me , not too mention they wrecked my Aston Martin .

A little respect would not have gone amiss, but all I got was lies.

So that's why they won't see me again.

Bunch of con merchants !

ATB,

Trevor

If a tradesman, shopkeeper, garage or car salesman, to name but a few, tells me lies, or to put it a different way, makes false statements, I don't go there again.

I like to buy fresh vegetable locally grown and when a small farm shop owner told me that he had cut a lettuce himself an hour ago I didn't buy it as having worked in a market garden and on my Dad's allotment during the war I could tell when a vegetable  had been harvested.  I never went there again.

Formula 1 Autocentre told me that my brakes needed urgent attention, when I was having an exhaust changed under warranty.  My mechanic checked them out, told me they were OK and they passed the next two MOTs.

Sometimes telling it straight gets you into trouble, but my upbringing was a good one, and I would sooner have the trouble as you also get respect.

Peter.

well ther you go chaps. whent out to glasgow vauxhall dealership this afternoon to pick up the insignia 10mths old . it was in coz i had noticed the steering fluid turning a milky pink colour . was booked in on tue morning but had taken it in on mon evening as HM does not like driving at busy times. any way they had changed the steering pump&pulley. and it got a software update to. they also gave it a health check. service guy was very nice told me to bring it back in to them in 2-3mnths and they will give it another check over all done under warranty. i was impressed. got into the car and promptly reversed into a wall behind me. eh lucky white heather. badly scratched, so ive a job to do in the better weather lol charlie

Charlie,

All well and good, but the car was 10 months old.

Rapidly coming to the conclusion that "decent "  cars are more trouble than they're worth.

Should have stuck to my £950 Mondeo , all the Two BMW"'s, Two Aston Martins, and the Two Jags have done is cost me a lot of grief and money, but have made the stealerships a pretty penny !

'er indoors wants a Merc, but they're probably just as bad as the rest .

ATB,

Trevor

P.S. One thing I am very impressed with Charlie, is the reversing camera on my car, sounds like you should try one young man, now there's a good Christmas present !

trevor , its my own fault for getting the basic model. no heated seats or parking sensors or folding mirrors camera ect. only wanted a wee motor to do the shopping in. trevor mercs are good. i had a mondeo estate many moons ago it was ok. you could have bought a house with the money youve spent on cars, get an old classic merc 70s or 80s no repeat no computers or sensors. charlie

Charlie,

Don't get me wrong, the Jag is fab, it's all the rest that goes with it that gets me down.

What do you want a trickle charger for young man, and what are you doing shopping in Aldi, you'll be frequenting Lidl next ! ?

ATB,

Trevor

P.S. Heated seats are for pansies, never used mine, although 'er indoors has; but she is southern

trevor,  my intention was to put the jag into hibernation over the winter. use betsy the gm car thats why i bought it. keep the jag for the weekends , holidays ect. the trickle charger was just to keep the battery in good nic, i am also looking for a good car cover that i can buy for it as santa wont bring me one .i will have to buy that to.i like going into aldi to look at the junk (bits&bobs they sell) they have 2 stores in town. dont like lidl. HM likes the heated seats i dont like them, in the past i only put them on to no1 just to take the cold from it for a wee min then switch it off.. charlie

Charlie,

Same here. Why do you put the car into hibernation?

Never seen an Aldi, although their opening hours must confuse all Geordies .

The only time i've been in Lidl is when i was a music researcher to listen to the background music

ATB,

Trevor

Charlie,

Quite lucky down here, as we don;t have winter as such, the rain is just a tad cooler.

Very seldom have snow, or even a frost. But if we do have the odd flake it is really amusing seeing the yokels panic (especally teachers).

ATB,

Trevor

• 11 months later...

Hi Danny,

Did you have any joy in solving this issue?

I have a similar issue, where by I cant unlock the car with the key fobs and as soon as I unlock the door with a key and open it the alarm sounds immediately. There is no grace period of 10 seconds to get the key into the ignition to stop the alarm its instant.

Now here's the freaky bit....... As soon as the key has been in the ignition and stops the alarm, the key fobs both work again.

I've tried a new door module, but this doesn't stop this happening.

When I lock the car either with the key or remote the alarm automatically sets, and as long as I return in under about 30mins I can still unlock the car with the key fobs.

Any longer and I'm back to square one. I've replaced the battery in both the fobs and the car.

Hope to hear back,

Steve.