Experiences from other XJ owners (X351)

Oranjeplastik

Hi all

i'm new to the forum and would like to hear from others regarding their XJ ownership. I see lots of posts regarding the 03 onwards model, but not many covering the newer version.

I'm smitten with my big cat, which I have had since August last year.

Mine is a 2011 5.0 petrol XJL (39k miles) with rear entertainment package, heated/cooled/massage-seats, and all the other bells and whistles.

Only issue I have had during my ownership was needing to have the bonnet catch sensor repositioned, due to getting false warnings that it was open.

It gets 24mpg (US gallon) on the regular, which I think is remarkable. 

The power and noise is wonderful and it attracts admiring glances wherever I take it. 

The only minor annoyance is the rather slow touch screen, but this is easily lived with once you get used to it.

I think these are excellent luxury cars, especially when bought used. The original invoice was $98k for the car, and I picked it up 4 1/2 years later for under $40k!

I accept it's early days, but have to say this is the best car I have owned thus far. A real classic in the making.

If anyone else wants to share their experiences with this model, or the previous, please do! My local dealership is very proud of the latest reliability data for Jags over the last 5 years, so practical analogues would be interesting too.

cheers!

Sam 

Hi Sam,

I am afraid I cannot give you any experience of an XJ, although I do know that it is the car used by the Prime Minister and Cabinet ministers in the UK.

There is a man round the corner who has seven XJs 4 of them being "stretched" limousines,  who I am trying to avoid as the other three are hearses!

Regards,

Peter. 

Hi Jim, Hi Peter

Yes I saw the Prime Minister going around in an armored version of my car, I thought myself a little lucky to have such a car for my own enjoyment!

Jim- Your XJ looks wonderful and you can tell you take good care of her. I was once strongly tempted to get one when living in the UK, but ended up in a Range Rover instead. Both lovely cars, and yours looks like it rolled off the production line last week. What improvements have you done/any major repairs.

As I said, what I am most surprised about with mine is the mpg. I get 24 mpg (3.6 litre gallon), which is amazing for such a large 5.0 V8.  What you getting from your diesel?

Premium gas (petrol) is now 26 pence a litre in Rhode Island- it's a great change from the usual pain associated with filling up in the UK!

I agree that more users will come on board after the X351's get a little older. I suppose I'll feel a little left out until then!

Cheers

Sam

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I too have one of these great cats, mine is the diesel variant and also has all the little extras such as rear seat screens/tables, heated /cooled seats, front seats even have the massage option and these are just great on a long journey. I managed to go from Wrexham - North Wales to the Brighton meet over the Bank Holiday break. Included some high speed M-Way driving along the way both ways and a spot of racing with 4 F-Types on the journey to Madeira Drive Brighton all on 1 tank of diesel what a return for such a big car.

I just love driving this car turns so many heads where ever we go, and the sound at high speed when you hit the pedal is great. Just wished our diesel was a bit cheaper like your petrol (gas) at 26 pence per litre I think its around £1.07 a litre at my local shell garage.

Cheers,

Andy

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

I have had mine for nearly a year now and love it. Mine is the Portfolio Deisel, one of ony 275 registerd cars in the UK, not quite an exclusive group but close.

Cheers

Richard

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership