Jump to content


XF 4.2 SV8


Wildcat
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi Mike, and welcome to the club.

The SV8 must be a great drive: I had the XF 3.0D S and that was amazing, so yours must be even more so! You have had it more than 8 years, so I guess you must like it!

Sorry I can't answer your question, but hopefully somebody will soon be along who can provide the answer, or tell you how to find it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to the club, Mike.

In 2008, 53 were built, in 2009 there were 360, in 2010 there were 26, and in 2011 there was just 1.  The model was discontinued when the XFR was introduced.

Total = 440.

And I hope you continue to enjoy your car, and the club.

Regards,

Peter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Leo said:

Hi Mike, and welcome to the club.

The SV8 must be a great drive: I had the XF 3.0D S and that was amazing, so yours must be even more so! You have had it more than 8 years, so I guess you must like it!

Sorry I can't answer your question, but hopefully somebody will soon be along who can provide the answer, or tell you how to find it.

Hi Leo

Thanks for the reply

yes i love the car probably to much hence only 23,500 miles in 8 years.

lovely to drive, although a bit juicy but when ive spent a few hours polishing she looks like new

Mike 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Old Peter said:

Welcome to the club, Mike.

In 2008, 53 were built, in 2009 there were 360, in 2010 there were 26, and in 2011 there was just 1.  The model was discontinued when the XFR was introduced.

Total = 440.

And I hope you continue to enjoy your car, and the club.

Regards,

Peter.

Wow thanks Peter

sounds like you know your Jaguars 

nice to know that she was in the first 53, but do you think i could find out exactly.

Sounds silly i know but i intend to keep the car and eventually show it in a few years maybe

Kind Regards

 

Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Hi Mike,

Jaguar will give you the factory details of your car if you give them the VIN number.

I got mine and found that it was came off the line on the 13th March 2007.  It does not tell you whether it was the first but the date could give you an indication.

Regards,

Peter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


22 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

Hi Leo

Thanks for the reply

yes i love the car probably to much hence only 23,500 miles in 8 years.

lovely to drive, although a bit juicy but when ive spent a few hours polishing she looks like new

Mike 

Great to hear! That means that it has done about the same annual mileage as my XK, which is indeed rare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2017 at 5:33 PM, Old Peter said:

Hi Mike,

Jaguar will give you the factory details of your car if you give them the VIN number.

I got mine and found that it was came off the line on the 13th March 2007.  It does not tell you whether it was the first but the date could give you an indication.

Regards,

Peter.

Hi Peter, 

how do you go about getting production details from Jaguar, is there a specific dept etc to contact.

Cheers Richard

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share





×
×
  • Create New...



Forums


News


Membership