1999 S-Type Petrol Fuel Pump

MichaelO'C

Welcome to the Club, Michael.

I delivered a part to a member in Co. Galway a few years ago --  unfortunately I am not visiting Ireland this year, but I can recommend a company in the UK which I have used before.

They have a website Just Jags  and the name of the company is Myton Automotive, the the telephone number 01926 427315. 

They were very helpful, and I think they would try their best to get the part for you,

Regards,

Peter. 

I have just ordered a fuel pump for my s -type.

The prices vary widely and the pump is also used in a Ford Focus.

Take a look on Ebay and elsewhere of course, i was quoted from £180 - £220,secondhand,but have bought a new one for £42.

It has arrived today and fitting it on Thursday so will update then.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Michael, did you ever get your fuel pump?

When I had the same problem with my 2000 S-Type I got a second hand one from Berkshire Jag Components.

I live locally and picked it up but I know he ships. The stink of petrol from a used pump would be an issue when shipping.

I know that another approach is to replace the electric pump component from the pump assembly.

As you probably know, running the car with a very low fuel level causes the pump to overheat; that is what happened to mine.

View all the latest Jaguar leasing deals here:

Limited Stock*for early 2022

*Due to the on-going semiconductor issues, the supply of new cars and vans has been dramatically hit. If you are due to change your vehicle/s in the next year or so you will NEED to start looking now to avoid disappointment or potentially being without a vehicle.