emissions fail

Tom55

Hi all, my X type (55 reg, 2006) 2.2 diesel just failed its MOT on emission reading of 1.96, the plate value is 1.45. Is the fail reading very high, and what can I do bring the reading down to pass emissions test?

Cheers, Tom

might be worth putting some injector cleaner in the tank 
wait till your low on fuel and put a couple of bottles in to make it a little more concentrated then take it for a blast 

do this just before it is due it's re test

just to mention ….my x type 2,0d failed on emissions first time round on its MOT.. but there was a sticker under the bonnet showing a square box with a figure showing 1.27 ….now I found out that this is the emission test of the engine when first tested. so I was told to peel  the sticker off !!!!  as when I take it back for the MOT they then have to run the car at a default figure of 3.0 ….. and sure enough my jag passed the MOT. 

• Like 1

View all the latest Jaguar leasing deals here:

Limited Stock*for early 2022

*Due to the on-going semiconductor issues, the supply of new cars and vans has been dramatically hit. If you are due to change your vehicle/s in the next year or so you will NEED to start looking now to avoid disappointment or potentially being without a vehicle.