S Type Restricted Performance on V6 Deisel

1 hour ago, Keith Raven said:

I have tried a diagnostic reader to find out what the problem is or how to remove the warning, any suggestions?

The results from a reader will depend on how good the reader is. Some of the cheaper ones are not so good at finding/diagnosing codes, other than direct engine related matters. This could be a problem that is not directly engine originated. 

• 2 months later...

I had a similar problem last year but found keeping battery charged up and a good long run sorted problem. Reoccurred again this spring did same again and no problem since.  If it comes back I shall trie battery charge alone to see if it might be electrical before driving it 50 milers along the M1 to cure it.

chidders

3 hours ago, Chidders said:

I had a similar problem last year but found keeping battery charged up and a good long run sorted problem. Reoccurred again this spring did same again and no problem since.  If it comes back I shall trie battery charge alone to see if it might be electrical before driving it 50 milers along the M1 to cure it.

chidders

S-Types are renown for Parasitic Drain. You need to acquire a CTEK MS 7 charger/restorer and use it regularly. I put mine on at least once per month and for a minimum of 24 hours. Stops a lot of frustrating warnings and codes. Many people on this forum use and recommend the CTEK product.

Best Wishes and Regards, John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 3:28 PM, Wrinkly said:

The results from a reader will depend on how good the reader is. Some of the cheaper ones are not so good at finding/diagnosing codes, other than direct engine related matters. This could be a problem that is not directly engine originated. 

OK so my  carsoft scanner says it's high  outage on my A bank egr  and low  voltage on one of the Maf sensors  I'll delve into it further and see what turns up