Hello all

MBZ190

Peter,

I'm not complaining about of quality of the Jags, or the workers, just their customer service, which is shocking, and I'm not the only one on here to say so either.

They are like most big companies these days, once they have your money, that's it. But that's foreign owners for you

ATB,

Trevor

Hi Colin,

"One day"  you will be surprised how great Jaguars are.  Carpe diem!

Regards,

Peter.

I think jaguars are great cars but at the moment I am in posset ion of two Mercedes so no room on the drive for a Jag I'm afraid.

Colin,

What is so great about Mercs, the wife is pestering me to get one ?

Jag's are fab, unfortunately Jaguar aren't, that's why she wants a Merc

ATB,

Trevor

Mercedes-Benz are probably one of if not the safest cars on the roads and as you probably know the pioneer of lots of safety aids, I think the older ones are better built but the new ones are a lot safer if you are unfortunate enough to have an accident.

I have a1989 190e which has never let me down in the 8years I have had it, and have recently purchased a 2004 CLK500 which is a pleasure to drive and very quick!

They are, Colin.

I was looking for a E class some years ago, but they wanted silly money money.

Peter.

Peter,

" "One day"  you will be surprised how great Jaguars are.  Carpe diem!"

Just found out the diff on mine is on it's way out, that's how great they are !

ATB,

Trevor

Is the car still under warranty, Trevor.  

Peter,

It is, but it's not what I expect from a £50K . I have only called out breakdown twice in all the years I have driven, both have been in the past year, once for this Jag, and the other for the XJ Supersport .

I am trying very hard to like Jags and buy British but they really are trying my patience , think i'll buy a wind powered barge.

Credit where it is due though, the stealership were very pleasant and helpful when I phoned (they wouldn't speak to me last time), perhaps things are slowly beginning to sink in !

Don't get me on to Accurist watches and H Samuel though !

It will all come out in the wash, at my age, I just enjoy being grumpy .

Festive pic of Damien Hirsts' statue in Ilfracombe

post-4098-0-68382100-1417538246_thumb.jp

ATB,

Trevor

That's an achievement, Trevor.  I was brought up in the belief that the customer is always right, and especially when that customer has put down a lot of cash for the product.

I have only had a couple of problems with main dealers, and when they got a bit obnoxious I would give them the gypsy's warning.  When one didn't heed it I blocked the entrance to the dealership and went and sat quietly in his reception lounge, and waited for all hell to break loose. Which it eventually it just a bit after the police arrived to clear the traffic that had blocked the main road.  Problem solved, they did the promised work on a 3 month old car.  I then took the business from my offices away from them  --  quite a few company car services and purchases and took the business to another main dealer ho wee wonderful.

They might lend you an F type coupe.  It looks good in white. A local footballer has one.

Regards,

Peter.

Peter.

Peter,

Don't like the F type much,and it seems to be Jags most troublesome car, but it's better than nothing,seems like it's the E-diff motor that needs replacing, but not to worry.

ATB,

Trevor

P.S, Didn't realise they played football in the Midlands these days

Peter,

Update on the diff problem .

Jaguar breakdown phoned and came a day earlier than I expected, which was good.

The young lad was very efficient and pleasant . He didn't seem to think there was a diff problem, but was a computer problem .

He reset the computer on the car and said he felt everything should be ok .

He said if the E-Diff warning came up again before the weekend to phone him (he gave me his personal phone number ) and he would arrange to meet me at the stealership with a hire car.

He also said if it comes up at anytime before the warranty take it straight to the dealership and they could liaise with him.

Will take the car out for the first time today since he called and see how it goes, but feel confident all is ok.

Now as for H Samuel .........

ATB,

Trevor

trevor, peter&colin. mercs are really good. in fact very very good. me&the wife have had 4off them over the years. 2 class, 1 e class & an ml over many years the only thing that whent rong with them was wear&tear ie. brake pads. replaced discs on one as well. last one we had a 08 new shape c class 180 (the wifes) had that car for 4and a half years replaced the brake pads and a rear spring, brilliant car. then i stupidlly sold it coz it was only sitting their not getting used only 36,000 mls on it. a year later bought her a insignia. BIG MISTAKE . as i said had them for many years then wanted a change so then bought myself a second gen 08plate bmw x5. the worst car ive had in my life. it was like trevors astons wanted a holiday back at the dealers every month. had it 9mths got rid off it and bought the Jaguar apart from parking sensors never had any probs. would i buy another or . would have to think really hard on that one. it would be between the xj&the s class. and the xj in my mind isnt in that class. charlie

H Samuel????

The Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham means that my wife does not even look in the window of H Samuel at all.

It is well worth a visit for those in the West Midlands if you are looking to buy Jewellery.

Peter.

Peter,

No way am I going to Birmingham .

Update. The E-Diff light has come on, to I'm going to phone the breakdown, and they can meet me at the dealership .

I will get it repaired , and then I am seriously thinking of getting rid of it .

I expect more from a £50K car

ATB,

Trevor

its jaguars customer service thats doing it for me their attitude sucks to be honest its put me off buying another. i do like the xk and one of the reasons i like it apart from it drives good ect is the fact that their are not many off them about. it stands out from the crowd. weras certain models of bmw, audi, &mercades are to be frank are as common as muck. correct myself most models of the afore mentioned. jaguars on the other hand are a bit scarcer. the term buy a Jaguar and you wont buy any other maybe dont ring true. the new f type is full off problems and that is confirmed on other forums. they ie Jaguar are trying to compete maybe to hard with the germans. but have been let down by poor relations from their customer services . i plan to keep my fine car for the moment unlike poor trevor nothing is wrong with it. but his and other owners experience has got me thinking off going back to mercades in the future. they are better than audi &bmw by miles and are very very reliable cars. charlie

wow trevor the c63 is some machine good on you. when do you pick it up? will be very sorry to lose you on the forum old friend, i liked the banter between us.but you have my email address please keep in touch, and next year god willing me and the wife are comming down to cornwall. we can arrange to meet up. the c63amg is one of the best and fastest cars on the road. the m3 or5 and the rs6 cant beat it nor i might add can a Jaguar xkr or xkr s and repeat an f type. jaguars are good cars no doupt about that. but their not the bee all and end all . their are other cars out their if not better. (sorry to say on a Jaguar forum) mine is in hibernation till spring time at least, planning to hold onto it for a year at least god willing hopfully no problems with it. then i will be giving it a good think to what i get next. but admit i do like the s-class over the xj. regards charlie

Charlie,

I'm not going anywhere, I like the people on here and Jaguar cars, it is just the attitude of Jaguar that annoys me.

If I can continue to be of help I will do.

ATB,

Trevor

P,S. Due to a mix up i have been lent a 2014 Vauhxhall Insignia, and diesel ! what a heap of plastic junk .

Charlie,

Thanks to Jaguar's attitude, I am now the owner of a MERCEDES-BENZ  C63 AMG Edition 125 .

I did warn them, it is all a shame, but I did tell them about their attitude .

ATB,

Trevor

Stanlow refinery have just upped production, Trevor, so you will be OK for petrol!

Peter.