Jump to content

Oil absorbent pads.

Andy Pandy

Recommended Posts

I joined the club yesterday after buying my first Jag, a 2003 S-Type 3 litre sports automatic. The first thing that I did this morning was change the petrol filter, air filter, Oil filter & Oil. When I took the belly pan (if that's what it's called!) off, it was filthy with old grease & Oil which I expected with a car of this age. The thing is, that there was an oil absorbent pad which I removed, but would like to change. It also looks like there used to be another one, which is missing. Does anyone know where I can buy the original pads, or should I just cut out new ones from sheets that are readily available at yacht chandlers?post-7880-0-51615500-1439986900_thumb.jppost-7880-0-21001100-1439986929_thumb.jp

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Andy, and welcome to the club.


I tried several sites who supply original Jaguar parts when looking for noise muffling pads for the engine bay without success.


I would suggest the yacht chandlers!


Meanwhile, enjoy the S type, which is great car to drive.





  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...