Retrofit Bluetooth/Voice and power folding mirrors

bertie1249

First of all I would like to say "Hi" to everyone as I am new to the forum. I am looking for advice as I am going to see and possibly purchase a petrol 2006 3.0 s type sport which is a manual and has only got 17,000 miles on the clock.

I have little or no knowledge about jags so I've been reading up extensively. Upon speaking to the dealer. It's seems the car is quite basic without the following.

No xenons ( don't know if they're a must have)

No heated seats (  not sure if I'm bothered)

i don't know what audio system it has,but I know it doesn't have bluetooth or powered folding mirrors which is a real must have for me. Don't really want to put a parrot bluetooth system in as I'd like to keep it original.

So my question is does anyone on the forum retro fit the Jaguar bluetooth and if so how much would it cost. I don't expect it to be done for nothing and I will gladly pay for parts and fitting and have no problem in travelling.

Also is it expensive and can it be done to fit folding mirrors and again does anyone on the forum retro fit them and prepared to do them for me. Again I will gladly pay for the service.

Any advice would be much appreciated as I am due to see it in the next few days.

Many Thanks and hope someone out there can help

Hi Phil

firstly welcome to the JOC! 

Thats exceptionally low mileage for an 06, she must be almost mint condition?

You will find a lot of help available from the guys in the owners club, and I know the retro fits you are looking for have been done by some of the guys. I'm sure they will reply shortly.

mine is also basic spec, however my mirrors do fold, using the circular button on the drivers door arm rest (press it once at the 6 o'clock position) I am presuming your mirrors have the motors already in place of course, there is a way to retro fit so they fold when using the fob (but that's way out of my league in terms of How!) no heated seats, never had them so certainly don't miss them, mine also did not have Jag voice, but previous owner did leave the parrot system, which after a bit of faffing now works perfectly with my phone for calls and music off the phone. Your audio system sounds like the basic type, unless it has 'Alpine' badges on the speaker covers? In which case it's the premium system, if that's of interest to you as well, one of the guys has also swapped the basic and upgraded to the premium system as well!

anyway as I said I'm sure you will have some replies shortly 

Regards 

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Phil

that is quite a low millage but if you get chance check the sills, they are worst place for corrosion on the s-type, some have completely gone, but you don't know as there hidden by the sill cover, worth a check now.

would of thought a 2006 would of had power folds, but like Steve said try pressing the round button at 6 o'clock position, mirror selector switch must be in the middle.

some cars had them, but because they were not used they can seize up, but you would get some noises when pressing the fold button, to fit all you need are a pair of power fold mirrors, wiring should all ready be there on a 2006, you may need to get Jaguar or some one with SDD to enable them, some work straight away, some need software to enable them.

as for the bluetooth there's 2 options, earlier cars need a phone module (goes in the boot), bluetooth module (goes in the armrest) and a mic (roof console, not needed if you allready have voice fitted) or the later ones a black plastic module in the boot, that does both phone and bluetooth, you will also need a bluetooth antenna and the mic again, the later option is the easier to fit and usually the cheapest, but again might work straight away or need software to enable it, it all depends how the module your fitting was configured in the original car, if its a similar setup to your own, then they work straight away, if the original car was more basic than yours then like i said it might need software to enable it,

at a guess your looking at about £100 for a pair of descent mirrors, but I have seen cheaper, the later phone/bluetooth module is about £100, about £10 for the bluetooth antenna and the mic varies from £20 to £70.

I fitted the voice module to mine and I do like it, as you can control most features of the car through voice, like sat nav, radio, cd, cd changer, phone, heater, air con, acm/mp3 player

the parrot system does offer better functions, as the Jaguar bluetooth is only basic, its only makes calls and contacts are displayed on the touch screen, you can't send music to it via your phone.

cheers

joe

• Like 1

Thank you both, going to see the car Monday. Hope someone on here can help me out if I buy it.

Really need bluetooth for phone calls more than anything. Radio 2 will do for music lol 😂 

and wouldn't mind having folding mirrors if someone can help.

Thanks again for replying 👍🏻

Phil,

I've done all the retrofits you're considering and several others besides :)

Have a word with Denis (The Jag Den) on this forum. I believe he has all the parts you need and if you're prepared to travel over to Wolverhampton, we can fit and also domany required software updates.

Have you considered Jaguar Voice as well?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Raistlin said:

Phil,

I've done all the retrofits you're considering and several others besides :)

Have a word with Denis (The Jag Den) on this forum. I believe he has all the parts you need and if you're prepared to travel over to Wolverhampton, we can fit and also domany required software updates.

Have you considered Jaguar Voice as well?

Thank you so much👍🏻 Really appreciate your help and will gladly travel to Wolverhampton.

If the car is OK and I do buy it at least I know now I've got somewhere to get it retrofitted now. Cheers

Yes would like Jaguar voice as well but I didn't want to push my luck as I'm new to the forum and I didn't want to sound cheeky.

The car I'm going to see sounds ideal but with very basic options, so it would be nice to add bluetooth, Jaguar voice and folding mirrors👍🏻

I know the audio set is the basic one but that's fine for me as I only occasionally listen to the radio.

I swapped out my seats for 16 function heated seats Phil and they worked fine, needing only one tiny wiring adjustment. Make sure you get the modules from underneath the passenger seat swapped from your old seats to the new seats so that you don't get a SRS fault.