Calling all walnut lovers and vinyl wrappers

R1CHV

Hi All,

Im not a big fan of wood trim but it wasn't a deal breaker as the rest of the car ticked the boxes. 

Firstly are there any owners out there with the aluminium / carbon metal trim that would be interested in a swap?

Failing that it looks like I'll be getting the scalpel out and vinyl wrapping. Anyone have any pointers as to how the various trims detach from the car.  Thanks in advance. Rich 

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0126.PNG

Hi Rich , i know the trim that goes round the air vents and speedo clocks / dials just pulls away very easily and goes back just as easy . Not sure about the trim in front of the passenger as i think it has a air bag behind it . 

Regards , 

Andy .

• Like 1

Hi Rich.

Like you I didn't want the wood trim either, so I had to wait a while before I found the car I wanted. I'm keeping my carbon trim 😆 and I've never taken any trim off, sorry. However I did find this set on eBay, could be an option for you.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks guys. The passenger airbag one is the only one that I'm cautious about. Don't fancy eating an airbag for my troubles. 

Vinyl wrap materials come to about £10 so I think I'll give it a go. Cheers 

Hi Rich

I'd carbon wrap it, the Aluminium/Carbon looks nothing like carbon, looks cheap and nasty

most of the panels just clip out

you could get them carbon dipped that looks good

only the x-type had carbon effect trim

the only bit you have to cut out is the warning indicator on the passengers airbag panel

I like this one, but never seen any for sale

ScreenShot201.jpg

x-type carbon effect

s-11.jpg

x-type carbon effect

ScreenShot200.jpg

carbon film wrapped

DSCI2435.JPG

carbon wrapped

DSCI2439.JPG

carbon wrapped

DSCI2436.JPG

looks nothing like carbon

ScreenShot202.jpg

or carbon dipped, hydro dipping, a lot of places are doing this now

ScreenShot204.jpg

Hi Joe,

The later s types also had an option of the carbon trim. Whether it looks like carbon is another matter, but it's sure a whole lot better than the cheap tacky looking wood 😆

Cheers

Mark

Hi Joe, thats the one. Aluminium. I didn't know what it was called, thanks. Not a real carbon fan for the STR. Think I'll go with the silver coloured carbon weave finish vinyl. Watch this space. 

All S types had the Maple Dashboard etc trim, other than the Sport versions which had the aluminium trim.

But each to their own own.  I like the maple trim just as much as Iiked the Burr Walnut in my Rovers over the years.

I do like trees!

Peter.

A matter of personal taste of course, but I love the wood trim in my Sport, it's slightly different to the standard finish and sets the car off well. I'm think I'm right in saying that all S-Types use an actual wood veneer and not just a tacky wood effect or printed vinyl such as you'd find in a cheaper car...

Hi Russ, All the wood used in Jaguars are the real thing.  The s type uses Maple Veneer, as does most of the X Types, and there is some Burr Walnut on some top of the range models.

I must say that I am a fan of the wood veneer.

Peter.

33 minutes ago, woodsy said:

Not to put a damper on this But putting vinyl over the wood where the airbag is could this not effect the operation of of the airbag ?

Hi

no won't effect it, when the airbag goes off, the whole panel is blown off, there two straps at the top that stop it flying off and hitting the passenger, should swing right up and onto the dash

cheers

Joe

ScreenShot233.jpg

• 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership