Jag X-Type Engine Problems

lthainsworth

Hello All. Please help! 

I have a Jag X-Type (2005; 2.5Litre Petrol). I bought this for my partner as a run around... Beautiful car; but unfortunately the radiator blew and we had to have this replaced.. When we collected the car; the engine was giving out an awful noise. I initially thought this was a water pump; but the noise is on the opposite side of the engine. The water pump was also replaced recently; so I have decided its not likely to be the issue. It sounds like a bearing has perhaps gone bad; to the left side of the engine? Does anyone have any suggestions on the noise, and where it may be coming from? I have done a YouTube Video of the engine which can be viewed here: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFfCvYViF5w

I thank you all so much for helping! 

Liam. 

Welcome to the club, Liam.

I am no mechanic, but I think you could be correct about the bearing going.

I had an X type 2.5 AWD with a 2005 plate and it was very reliable and quiet, so I would look for a very good mechanic and get him to find out what the problem is.

Regards,

Peter. 

View all the latest Jaguar leasing deals here:

Limited Stock*for early 2022

*Due to the on-going semiconductor issues, the supply of new cars and vans has been dramatically hit. If you are due to change your vehicle/s in the next year or so you will NEED to start looking now to avoid disappointment or potentially being without a vehicle.