x-type arden

k-p

Hi, first post here. I will be selling my late fathers Jaguar x type arden 2.5 sport. he loved the car and it's one of our memories of him as a family - he passed away prematurely 14 years ago, and it has been sat there unused, except to be started and driven around the road. as to be expected of a loved car, it is in pristine condition with very low milage, 46K to be precise. I live in the city now and I think it's time we sell the car, as the used car market is pretty decent atm. it has the full arden kit, and is a beautiful grey with light grey leathers. the exact same car can be found on google (see attached image). I will upload pics of my dads car as soon as I can. 

I see normal models with the same milage and condition are for sale on autotrader for about £4,000. Considering I saw the alloys listed on ebay for £1,500 alone a while back, I was hoping I could get about £7,000 for mine. The logic being that if the arden parts were stripped, they could probably fetch at least 6-7000, and the car could be sold for 4,000. but i am hoping i'd get 6-8k from a jag lover like my dad who will keep and take care of it because it is an absolute beauty.

I'm not in a rush sell it and the longer time goes on, the rarer the car will become. What do you guys think? 

1139359472_Screenshot2021-03-21at15_56_18.thumb.png.bf927e0787936f901b3cf3ac2297384c.png

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, k-p said:

Hi, first post here. I will be selling my late fathers jaguar x type arden 2.5 sport. he loved the car and it's one of our memories of him as a family - he passed away prematurely 14 years ago, and it has been sat there unused, except to be started and driven around the road. as to be expected of a loved car, it is in pristine condition with very low milage, 46K to be precise. I live in the city now and I think it's time we sell the car, as the used car market is pretty decent atm. it has the full arden kit, and is a beautiful grey with light grey leathers. the exact same car can be found on google (see attached image). I will upload pics of my dads car as soon as I can. 

I see normal models with the same milage and condition are for sale on autotrader for about £4,000. Considering I saw the alloys listed on ebay for £1,500 alone a while back, I was hoping I could get about £7,000 for mine. The logic being that if the arden parts were stripped, they could probably fetch at least 6-7000, and the car could be sold for 4,000. but i am hoping i'd get 6-8k from a jag lover like my dad who will keep and take care of it because it is an absolute beauty.

I'm not in a rush sell it and the longer time goes on, the rarer the car will become. What do you guys think? 

1139359472_Screenshot2021-03-21at15_56_18.thumb.png.bf927e0787936f901b3cf3ac2297384c.png

I'd like to add that this kit nor the full exhaust system is being sold by arden anymore. so, this car will only become rarer. 

although the alloys were almost 4k when new, they still have great resale value, on eBay at least. 

I've just spotted this on eBay. You will notice that this is NOT a genuine arden body kit. you can see it is different to the kit on the arden website, and I don't know if it is the full exhaust system and not just the endpipes, which arden still sell separately. those are also the cheaper arden alloys, and it has almost 100k more miles than mine. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-AWD-X-Type-Arden-spec-/115280689540?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Hi

you may want to check the history of this car, as just found this on another forum

apparently that was 3.0 awd back in 2007, now its a 2.5? , also says its a 2003 model, old picture you have there from 2007 when it was listed on pistonheads

ScreenShot489.thumb.jpg.dc2075c2795643ecde4fc07b791f1c7d.jpg

ScreenShot486.thumb.jpg.d84622812ccec8313e111ab7c8f75a1a.jpg

16 hours ago, JOE-DOT-COM said:

Hi

you may want to check the history of this car, as just found this on another forum

apparently that was 3.0 awd back in 2007, now its a 2.5? , also says its a 2003 model, old picture you have there from 2007 when it was listed on pistonheads

ScreenShot489.thumb.jpg.dc2075c2795643ecde4fc07b791f1c7d.jpg

ScreenShot486.thumb.jpg.d84622812ccec8313e111ab7c8f75a1a.jpg

hi, i don't know if you read my original post but i said i'm currently living in the city and my fathers car is parked up in the garage in my family home in the sticks. the picture of the car i've attached, is of one that is exactly the same (colour, interior, styling) and when i get a chance to go to my family home, I'll post pics of my dads - but it is IDENTICAL to the one in the picture i posted, so the picture is a means to an end. 

I'm sorry for any confusion. 

• 4 weeks later...

There has been a, reportedly Arden Jaguar, advertised on eBay of recent weeks. It was red in colour with black wheels. It "looked" good, in the photos, a nice car with just one small paint Problem on one of the wheel arches. It was, if I remember correctly, an 02 Registration. Started out at £1900 for two weeks and was then reduced to £1450. It has something in excess of 100K miles. Did not sell.

John

8 hours ago, Wrinkly said:

There has been a, reportedly Arden Jaguar, advertised on Ebay of recent weeks. It was red in colour with black wheels. It "looked" good, in the photos, a nice car with just one small paint Problem on one of the wheel arches. It was, if I remember correctly, an 02 Registration. Started out at £1900 for two weeks and was then reduced to £1450. It has something in excess of 100K miles. Did not sell.

John

hi, yeah, i mentioned that car earlier on in the thread. i dont know if you looked at the car carefully but it doesn't have an actual arden kit (i think it's an oem kit), it has the much cheaper arden alloys, and I'm not sure if it has the full arden exhaust system (which costs a small fortune), but just the endpipes instead, and it also has 100K more miles on the clock than mine. so i don't think there is a genuine arden x-type on sale atm, and especially with the same millage as mine. thanks 

i will consider offers of about 6k. that's a great price for this car. thanks

18 hours ago, k-p said:

hi, yeah, i mentioned that car earlier on in the thread. i dont know if you looked at the car carefully but it doesn't have an actual arden kit (i think it's an oem kit), it has the much cheaper arden alloys, and I'm not sure if it has the full arden exhaust system (which costs a small fortune), but just the endpipes instead, and it also has 100K more miles on the clock than mine. so i don't think there is a genuine arden x-type on sale atm, and especially with the same millage as mine. thanks 

i will consider offers of about 6k. that's a great price for this car. thanks

With your own knowledge of both vehicles I imagine you are very confident of achieving your valuation for the sale.

Good luck with the disposal and Best Wishes, Regards, John

On 4/1/2022 at 12:03 PM, Wrinkly said:

With your own knowledge of both vehicles I imagine you are very confident of achieving your valuation for the sale.

Good luck with the disposal and Best Wishes, Regards, John

thanks 

On 3/6/2022 at 11:15 AM, k-p said:

Hi, first post here. I will be selling my late fathers jaguar x type arden 2.5 sport. he loved the car and it's one of our memories of him as a family - he passed away prematurely 14 years ago, and it has been sat there unused, except to be started and driven around the road. as to be expected of a loved car, it is in pristine condition with very low milage, 46K to be precise. I live in the city now and I think it's time we sell the car, as the used car market is pretty decent atm. it has the full arden kit, and is a beautiful grey with light grey leathers. the exact same car can be found on google (see attached image). I will upload pics of my dads car as soon as I can. 

Beautiful car. I've just bought an X Type. Your valuation looks fair due to rarity and condition

12 hours ago, PAUL HICKMAN said:

Beautiful car. I've just bought an X Type. Your valuation looks fair due to rarity and condition

thank you. congratulations, but you should've considered mine. ☺️

On 3/30/2022 at 10:18 PM, JOE-DOT-COM said:

hi

try ebay, has the widest audience

just advertise it as a clasified, fixed price then

cheers

Joe

yeah, i'm going to try soon.