Battery Reset Document

On 2/4/2016 at 7:09 AM, Raistlin said:

As an S-Type owner, you'll be aware (I guess) of how sensitive the electronics is to low battery voltage. You'll maybe not know though, what you're expected to do after dis-connecting and re-connecting the battery.

I've put together a PDF document which takes you through the procedure step by step. Nothing that isn't readily available elsewhere but just gathered together and (in my view) logically ordered into a single reference.

It also includes how to get the audio system working when you don't have the security code :yahoo:

I've been asked for it so many times that I though I'd make a thread just for access to that document so here it is:-

Battery reset.pdf

thanks for info...much appreciated....Adjuster

• 3 weeks later...

hi i have tried this to try to cure my fuel gauge going mad but to cut a long story short tried to bypass the radio code with no luck and now locked out to make it worse i now have the code but cant put it in as its locked its for a 2007 s type 2.7 will it reset after a time or should i disconect the battery overnight or is it just got to go to jaguar

• 2 months later...

Battery problems again,my fault as I have not had time to even run the car for the last couple of weeks ,I checked the battery voltage and was surprised to find a reading of 11.6 volts ,over 14 with the engine running ,I would not have called 11 volts low but apparently it is.

I have now reset almost everything ,tried to put the wrong code into the radio ,it now says please wait,I will try that again in the morning. So I have to do the initialising run,anyone know how pedantic the steps are? I have little chance of doing 30mph for three minutes on a Friday morning,the same goes for 40 or 50,and the M5 is a couple of miles away before I have any chance of hitting these speeds.

Hi Mike,

Taking the car on a run to ensure battery charge is effected should not be a problem, and the steps you have detailed are ideals rather than necessities.   I Iive in a busy conurbation and do a lot of shorter runs so I do need to keep that battery well charged.  I have a little C Tek "traffic Light" which will go from red to amber on a 3 mile drive. While a longer run is needed, I just drive and find that about 30 miles will see my battery fully charged no matter what speed I do. I do put by battery on charge about every two weeks if I have not done a longer run.

Regards,

Peter. 

• 2 years later...
On 2/4/2016 at 5:09 AM, Raistlin said:

As an S-Type owner, you'll be aware (I guess) of how sensitive the electronics is to low battery voltage. You'll maybe not know though, what you're expected to do after dis-connecting and re-connecting the battery.

I've put together a PDF document which takes you through the procedure step by step. Nothing that isn't readily available elsewhere but just gathered together and (in my view) logically ordered into a single reference.

It also includes how to get the audio system working when you don't have the security code :yahoo:

I've been asked for it so many times that I though I'd make a thread just for access to that document so here it is:-

Battery reset.pdf 99.51 kB · 363 downloads

I have replaced my battery a few times over the years and was unaware that this procedure was required. I reset my radio stations and that was all. May I ask if this procedure is dependent on a specific year S-type? Or possibly models with view screens? My Jag is a 2003 S-type 4.2L.

hi

it does not need doing if your not bothered about one touch on the windows

apart from the clock which will need doing and also reset the epb.

cheers

Joe