Oldun

Return to Jaguar

I have previously owned a Mk V111,a Mk one , a Daimler 250 and an xj40 , after a gap of many years I have bought a 05 S Type and said goodbye to my 3 litre turbo Saab Griffon. Initial feelings are good , but I am missing that turbo  it is nice however to corner without using the door handles. If the Jag can provide the reliability and low costs of the Saab I shall be very happy.

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the Jaguar Owners Club :yes:

Which S-Type did you buy?

Lots of friendly helpful people on this forum if you've any questions.

Pictures are not compulsory... but we all like a picture of a nice Jaguar :yahoo:

Another West Midlander  as well. Would you care to narrow that down a bit please? I'm in Wolverhampton.

I am in Harborne, Brum , the other end of the Wolverhampton road , when I have a moment to wash half of Leicestershire off the car I will take some photos. Its a 3 litre , I did want the V8 but could not resist this one.

Hi Mike,

I am at the other side of the West Midlands in Sutton Coldfield.

The s type is irresistible, and in my mind is a future classic.

My s type has two turbos -- and the diesel is quite remarkable for its turn of speed.

Hope you enjoy the S type  ---  and the club.

Regards,

Peter.

Well its stopped snowing/raining and I have moved most of the sand so here is a phone pic of my newly acquired S type.

new motor 002.JPG

Hi Mike,

Your Jaguar looks very smart.  No snow here - just a bit of hail!

Regards,

Peter.

Thank you for your comments ,I am pleased that other than a cracked rear light , there isn't a mark. Snow was yesterday when I was half way through washing , just cloudy and cold now , so back in the garage in a few minutes.