2.7D XJ 2007 All warning lights on the dash, imobiliser on not starting

Blake1312

Really getting to the end with this car now and am praying someone has had similar or can point me in the same direction.

The car is a 2.7D Jaguar XJ 2007, and the symptoms I'm getting is every single warning light possible is coming on the dash, loss of power steering speedo and rev counter. Have also had it not start due to the immobiliser flashing and several times hasn't started at all meaning a bus home! Not what I expected when buying one of these.....

Have so far cleaned all the earths up round headlight areas which cured it for a few days then back on. New battery again cured for a few days now back on and currently not starting! Checked the charge rate on the battery which is good. I had the AA out too who found a immobiliser fault code but removed it and couldn't fault it after, but came back on a few minutes after he had gone when driving. Tried using spare key again same symptoms.

I've seen alternator being a problem on several jaguars but would it cause these symptoms? Especially when the battery is showing a strong charge rate?

Thanks in advanced I really hope to get this sorted soon! :(

Hi

Favorite and top of the list, battery, check battery voltage

a low battery will cause all these problems, even more on a diesel, if the battery is on its way, or battery not being charged correct, when you switch the ignition on, the glow plugs will suck a big chunk of the battery, then starting it will more than likely drop it below 12v, causing an array of faults

It may be charging, but the battery is not holding the charge, once you attempt to start the car, the voltage will drop and cause all the faults and until you fully charge the battery and disconnect it, it wont clear the faults

If it were mine, If the battery is older than 3 years, replace the battery, if its newer than 3 years, charge the battery overnight, then disconnect the battery for 30mins, to clear the faults, the reconnect and start the car

this is one of the most common problems on the jaguars, more so on diesels as they drain so much more power than a petrol on starting

cheers

Joe

Hi

If it worked for 4 days, then its looks like it a voltage fault, check the battery voltage, I bet the voltage gets lower and lower

you must have a large battery drain, charge the battery overnight and if it cures it for a few days, then its got to be a drain, if you say its charging ok, if it only used for short trips the alternator wont be able to fully charge itself on short trips

you need to check with a meter what sort of drain there is on the battery,

also check for anything obvious like boot light stuck on, interior light stuck, maybe the rears or glovebox, has it got a tracker, there usually battery backed up and when the backup battery fails will put a large drain on the battery.

only way to tell for sure is to monitor the battery drain current with a multi meter to see if there is anything with excessive drain

cheers

Joe

Thanks again for the reply, changed the new battery with another battery under warranty to make sure that it was a new duff battery. Put on still the same even had a service due light come up which is new, again car still not starting. Which makes me think with a brand new battery this would rule out the alternator and battery?

I did find this which I have just called Jaguar in regards too as its exactly what my car is doing, so want to check to see if mine falls into this category.

http://www.jagrepair.com/images/TSB/TSB2/NEW XJ/413Inst & panel illumination/XJ413-02 Multiple Warnings On Instrument Cluster.pdf

if this is still giving you problems and you feel that what ever path you try nothing seems to work!  get a auto electrician who will go through your car testing it from the ignition right through until they find what is the cause.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership