S Type Sport 200

Hi all just re joined after a good few years of being on the dark side of Merc ownership now back behind the wheel of an S Type sport 200 bit of a long shot but trying to find its previous owner. Now all the info I have is his name was Steve I’m sure he was a member as when I googled S Tyoe sport 200 it came up with a picture of my car when I clicked on the pick it directed me to this site and my car was in a thread 

any help would be ace thanks in advance 

6 hours ago, Christian1968 said:

Hi I think I have found him I’ve been searching the site all night but pretty sure the user name is claws !

Hi Christian, and welcome to the club.

Claws [Steve] did own the car and he was a regular contributor to the club.

He did a lot of research on that car and it was really well looked after.

You will enjoy it.

Regards

Peter.

3 hours ago, Old Peter said:

Hi Christian, and welcome to the club.

Claws [Steve] did own the car and he was a regular contributor to the club.

He did a lot of research on that car and it was really well looked after.

You will enjoy it.

Regards

Peter.

Hi Peter thanks 

so we know if Claws is still active on here or if anyone had him as friend on face book I would love to get in touch with him for one to let him know she is in good hands. Two  so I can thank him for all the paperwork that he passed on with the car it’s not very often you buy a used car and it comes with a pile high of service history, receipts and research on vehicles history 

3 minutes ago, Old Peter said:

Hi Christian,

I have contacted Steve by email and am awaiting for an answer.  I will also check if he uses facebook and let you know.

Regards,

Peter.

Thank you it’s much appreciated 

Hi Christian

I would like to start by saying thank you for giving her a good home, I was concerned that she would be broken for parts, she is far to good for that sort ending.

I don't know how long you have had her, but I hope you are enjoying the car? if you have any questions, please ask away

regards

Steve

Finally, Thanks Peter, for getting in touch with me, I have been wondering what happened to her, oh and thanks for letting me come in from the Dark side of the JLR family 😉

15 minutes ago, Claws said:

Hi Christian

I would like to start by saying thank you for giving her a good home, I was concerned that she would be broken for parts, she is far to good for that sort ending.

I don't know how long you have had her, but I hope you are enjoying the car? if you have any questions, please ask away

regards

Steve

Finally, Thanks Peter, for getting in touch with me, I have been wondering what happened to her, oh and thanks for letting me come in from the Dark side of the JLR family 😉

Hi Steve 

so glad you replied and got in touch I’ve only had her for a few weeks the car went through it’s MOT with only a couple of advisers.couple of rear bushes.since owning her I have repaired the drivers seat bolster (see pics on thread posted this morning) 

she had a new expansion tank fitted as there was a fine hair line crack.

my nephew owns  a spray shop so will be going in for a good once over to rectify stone chips and any paint blemish. I’ll keep you up to date and forward pics when she is back to showroom condition.

Sounds like she is in very good hands, I have to say didn't know about the expansion tank crack, good job you found that, could have been quite disastrous!

I see you are Kent based, not a million miles from me so who knows, may pass you on a road one day, I drive to Isle of Sheppey every weekend, so if you ever get tooted / flashed by a silver Range Rover Vogue that'll be me 

I saw the seat repair, good job (I need some type of similar repairs in my new one) and I would love to see some pics of her. did you find the bit of paper in the drivers sun visor? perhaps the dealer got rid of it, it was the radio code, and reset sequence should you ever need to. anyway I'm pretty sure the code is in amongst the paper work you got somewhere, unless I'm getting confused with my previous car, old age an all that....

Anyway please do post updates on her and any projects you may have, the guys on the JOC are really helpful and extremally knowledgeable, and very patient! they put up with me for 3 years

regards

Steve

Oh and don't forget, keep an eye on the sills, one side of her was getting a little rusty

10 minutes ago, Claws said:

Sounds like she is in very good hands, I have to say didn't know about the expansion tank crack, good job you found that, could have been quite disastrous!

I see you are Kent based, not a million miles from me so who knows, may pass you on a road one day, I drive to Isle of Sheppey every weekend, so if you ever get tooted / flashed by a silver Range Rover Vogue that'll be me 

I saw the seat repair, good job (I need some type of similar repairs in my new one) and I would love to see some pics of her. did you find the bit of paper in the drivers sun visor? perhaps the dealer got rid of it, it was the radio code, and reset sequence should you ever need to. anyway I'm pretty sure the code is in amongst the paper work you got somewhere, unless I'm getting confused with my previous car, old age an all that....

Anyway please do post updates on her and any projects you may have, the guys on the JOC are really helpful and extremally knowledgeable, and very patient! they put up with me for 3 years

regards

Steve

Oh and don't forget, keep an eye on the sills, one side of her was getting a little rusty

She is in The best hands possible lol

im only five min from dartford tunnel 

the boys in the body shop will check the sills when she goes in.

when she’s finished I would be more than happy to have a drive up .as for paperwork I don’t think I’ve ever had a car wth so much detailed paperwork so hats off to you for that.

one question I have is there was a CD changer in a box in the boot do you know if it works or was it taken out as didn’t work 

58 minutes ago, Christian1968 said:

one question I have is there was a CD changer in a box in the boot do you know if it works or was it taken out as didn’t work 

I was wondering about that as well, I bought it from one of the guys on the forum, just never got around to fitting it, I'm absolutely confident it will work, its just about whether the wiring is in place? I have been reliably informed it should be, in amongst the paper work you will find fitting directions and a template for cutting the panel in the boot (left hand side by the indicator) I think i also left the Hexert pieces you will need to fix it to the body. if you have a body shop you go to, they will have the tool required.

you will also have discovered the CD in the dash doesn't work, it wont suck in a disc and wont spit it out if you push one in, however presuming the dealer left it in there is a hands free parrot system (the screen was hidden in the ashtray recess by the previous owner) so you can play music via bluetooth from your phone (just need to pair your phone) or in the storage box between the front seats you can use a USB stick if you prefer. also in the box I put the adaptor for inflating the tyres, you will have noticed there are no standard 'sticking out' valves because the wheels are split rim