replacing centre ashtray console

A11OGE

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have the plug in adaptors, but wanted something more permanent. I had hoped that someone produced a unit that replaced the whole ashtray area.

I have also looked at fitting the USB in the glove box, but I have mine full of CDs, yes I know, I could use the mp3s from my phone instead.... Also I want to assist the Jag satnav by using WAZE apps etc from my phone, and so wanted a USB closer to the dash.

hi,

If its ash tray you want it, then I'd buy a second hand ash tray and have a play

the vaneer just unclips, lift front edge, I use one of those plastic trim tools, then push towards the dash and it comes off, so thats not a issue

get one and see whats your options, possible cut the cigarett socket back and fit a new piece of black plastic, so you have a blank panel to start with

then get some 12v usb sockets to add, possibly a 12v aux socket and or even a voltmeter

there loads of options just mix and match

cheers

Joe

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DC-12V-Car-Boat-Cigarette-Lighter-Socket-Dual-USB-Charger-Voltmeter-UK/183363741592?hash=item2ab154a798:g:OPgAAOSwP~FbaES~

ScreenShot162.jpg.abae31f997911657682e9fd505c21488.jpg