RioTao

Updating the SatNav

Hi all

A new member here. I purchased my 61 plate XF Luxury in August 2019 and have been delighted with it. My question is hopefully fairly simple ... I have searched everywhere in the boot for a CD unit containing the SatNav CD and can't find one anywhere, there is only one removable felt panel on the right hand side which houses a fuse box. I am wondering if it is therefore a USB method of updating on this model? There are a couple of USB sockets on the central console between the two front seats, located in the lift up arm rest compartment, one of them is coloured blue and is labelled iPod and the other is white. I have a memory stick with music tracks plugged into one of them (I can't remember which off the top of my head) and that all works fine. Would it be one of these sockets I need to insert the SatNav update USB into and will the entertainment system automatically recognise it and begin the update process? Also, where would be the cheapest place to download the latest maps from for me to transfer to a formatted USB stick? Thanks in advance.

This topic has come up a few times on the forum so do a search and see if you can find the thread.   As i recall, if you order an update from Jaguar you will need to arrange a new mortgage.  There are quite a few  people selling updates on the likes of eBay,  but seem to remember someone  saying that it took forever to download  and was not as satisfactory  an experience as was hoped for.     Would be interested  to know if you do manage to resolve the update and look forward to hearing from you  in the future.  Good luck.

Thanks Taurian, yes I have heard about the updates being a bit time consuming and 'iffy'. I'll do a search when I have a little more time and see what I can turn up.

Update ... all the threads relating to this are old ones relating to a few years back, can't find anything recent stating whether they eventually released a more stable update ...

Hi,

I've justbought a 2016 XF and there are no updates for the sat nav which ae 2015 maps. I have contacted Jaguar and they are looking into this. I will keep you updated