DougP

Constant low battery warning on my 2016 F type R

I just bought a 2016 F-Type R. The battery constantly gives a low battery warning every other day. It’s been to Jaguar 3 times in two weeks and they can’t find out why. Anyone had a similar experience?

Welcome to the club, Doug.

If the garage can't find the problem it must be a simple one!

Is the battery low on power when the message says so?  Have you done a lot of stop and start runs or is there something in the car switched on overnight?  The latter has been known.

Regards,

Peter.

Thanks, for the welcome. The battery is low when the warning goes on. Usually drops from around 13 volts to under 12 when warning occurs. If another day goes by car won’t turn over. Jag, says battery is good and draw is normal. Taking it in for them to keep for a few days to see if they can find something but thought I’d see if anyone else experienced similar.

Hello - I had the same problem - I put a battery charger (c Tek) when in garage - no longer the message ... hope this helps 

Welcome to the Club, Dropzoo.

I do exactly the same, expect for the fact that my car won't fit in the garage and the connection socket is on the wall just outside the garage.

Peter.