Okay here's the problem (and the windows do not need resetting) The drivers window struggles to close and it sounds like it is rubbing too hard against the window rubbers, Any ideas as trhis seems to be a problem for many others, as it is just the drivers window. And no the window motor is not noisy 

if you are a diy guy.... and take off the door card and access the electric window regulator with motor,  then watch as its goes up and down ? it my be possible that you may need a new one, on ebay around £150.

Hi

Mine's in the supplying dealers for a rattle in the door. New "window actulater" being fitted. They knew the problem as soon as I started to explain.

Sounds like metal on glass..

On 08/06/2016 at 9:44 AM, teltrish221 said:

Okay here's the problem (and the windows do not need resetting) The drivers window struggles to close and it sounds like it is rubbing too hard against the window rubbers, Any ideas as trhis seems to be a problem for many others, as it is just the drivers window. And no the window motor is not noisy 

I have heard from and spoken to many XF owners with this problem - my XF too has this problem. It is the drivers door only, it is not noisy, no scraping or grating and resetting the windows does not make a difference, the window goes down fine, but when using the 'one-touch' close it goes a third of the way up and then down again, most of the time it works fine, but 40% of the time this problem shows itself - it is very frustrating and I don't have a solution, the only way to close the window when this happens is to 'inch' the window up in stages - anoying!!

Hi Kevan

It could be an anti trap sensor, try to eliminate the following, is there any crud in the window runner? give it a good clean, possibly try a lubricant of some form Fairy liquid maybe, if its binding, also try holding your hand on the glass as it starts it way up, just a light pressure to try and help it on its way, without the need to do the inch-by-inch thing (had that problem in my Omega) does the frame (the top of the door itself) look slightly out of shape? if it has the slightest twist / warp the glass will bind in the runners

regards

Steve

Hi Steve

Many thanks I will try the cleaning process, nothing seems out of shaped or warped as when it does close properly (60% of the time) it is as smooth as when new!

Regards

Kevan

Im having a similar issue with my passenger door window. You close it but when it hits the top it immediately comes back down about half way. Really odd!

On 6/10/2016 at 6:59 AM, GrowlerParts said:

I have heard from and spoken to many XF owners with this problem - my XF too has this problem. It is the drivers door only, it is not noisy, no scraping or grating and resetting the windows does not make a difference, the window goes down fine, but when using the 'one-touch' close it goes a third of the way up and then down again, most of the time it works fine, but 40% of the time this problem shows itself - it is very frustrating and I don't have a solution, the only way to close the window when this happens is to 'inch' the window up in stages - anoying!!

On 6/10/2016 at 6:59 AM, GrowlerParts said:

Did you ever get this sorted out

59 plate XF s portfolio

Drivers window slugish and works with assistance .

In COLD weather window does not move at all .

I fixed it with a new lifting mech from Jaguar 7 years ago ,Then it cost £117 and i fitted it myself with 90 mins .Watch you tude vids as i did .Drivers side window has worked very well since then even in cold weather .

I had the same issues with the front passenger window 2 years ago and i changed that one as well ,less than an hour this time .

BOTH lifting mechs had rusted cables.

I am not a car mechanic just an average DIYer so i am glad i did try the repair myself .As i keep my cars for a long time i know what to do if it occurs again and i saved some money.