masterfx

Jaguar VIN decoder

Hi Alex,

I tried this out on my s type yesterday, and I got a very interesting result.

First it classified the car as an XJ --  a lot in common with the S Type at the time of manufacture.

It then went into the  standard detail of the car, including the date of manufacture which was the 13th March 2007.  It gave the code for the selling dealer and the date of sale.This was 31st March 2007.

The car was noted as a 2008 model.

It also lister the trim required plus the fact that the spare wheel was listed as a conventional wheel in Aluminium alloy matching the wheel on the car.

It was not specified to have ski storage, nor Jaguar voice, or a breakdown warning triangle.  The style pack was not specified either.

It is worth having a look at your car to see if there is anything fitted after market, which can include dealer fixes to thing they have not forgot.

Regards,

Peter. 

Does not work, my vehicle is MY13 XF 2.2d Portfolio but comes up as X Type 4.0 manufactured in 2013 !!!

Bill

1 hour ago, bmcl6 said:

Does not work, my vehicle is MY13 XF 2.2d Portfolio but comes up as X Type 4.0 manufactured in 2013 !!!

Bill

Hi Bill

What info are you after

I have Jaguar IDS/SDD, if you PM your VIN I can see what info comes up, usually build info only though

cheers

Joe

Hi Robert, and welcome to the club.

It did for me, giving me a full record of the specification of the car, plus all factory fitted optional extras.

Having said that  it does appear that it has not worked for a quite a few members.

A jaguar dealer should give you the same information.

Regards,

Peter.

On 1/15/2019 at 12:43 PM, Rob Lee said:

Vin decoder  does not work.

What info are you after

cheers

Joe

Just basic info for Jaguar XF Prestige AWD,But decoder does not recognise VIN. Regards.

13 hours ago, Rob Lee said:

Just basic info for Jaguar XF Prestige AWD,But decoder does not recognise VIN. Regards.

Hi  Rob

If you PM me your vin number I can PM you build spec of your car off Jaguar SDD software

cheers

Joe