Hi, new member joined the Club

EType38

Hi, I just joined the Owners Club and looking forward to making use of the forums and other benefits!

I am currently completing a total nut and bolt restoration of a 1963 E.Type FHC and doing as much of the work myself. I previously (20 years ago) owned a 1970 S2 FHC and have had various other classics besides.

20171005_104524702_iOS.thumb.jpg.373974e720db60ebb9608e3250e28a8d.jpg 59f9cee4a163a_RebuiltDiff.thumb.jpg.3af2d5bf1851350ea0cdb4066dd92e34.jpg20171007_160431032_iOS.thumb.jpg.2aef2cee260e9023a499d5c0866279b7.jpgIMG_0001.thumb.JPG.e3c61e8f4a6b9e4cfacf0222cbd9408e.JPG My first E-Type, circa 1995.

Hi Richard.....welcome to the Club

Wonderful to see the piccys of the E-Types, such a beautiful car.

The resto is looking as though its progressing nicely at the mo, please keep us updated with photos as would love to see the build as it progresses (maybe start a build thread in the forum)

Good to have you onboard

Cheers,   Trevor

Hi Richard---I also welcome you to the club and that's a great shot of the E-Type.

The rebuild already looks great and I'm sure everyone will be interested as it progresses

because I for one will be --All the best with the project.

Frank

• Like 1

Hi Richard,

Welcome to the club and great to see another classic E Type being brought back to life. On reading your horoscope I can see many hours of pleasure coming your way and that's even before you get it on the road.

More pics please as the project progresses.:thumbup:

Thanks Steve & Frank. I will continue to post progress pics - I have hundreds! I took lots as I stripped the car down as reference for when I put it all back together, or to document original or significant items that were past saving. Things like the crayon/chalked numbers or reference notes made during the production process. I've also been maintaining a restoration blog on the E-Type Forum since I started the work last May. If you really want something to cure insomnia, I've attached a couple of pdf's that highlight the work carried out since January. Restoration Progress Jan to Aug 2017.pdf

Restoration Progress Aug to November 2017 rev1.pdf

• Like 2

Welcome to the club, Richards.

The E Type is a great car, and most people do believe that it was the greatest car ever built by Jaguar.  Designed by Malcolm Sayer, who could have been the greatest car designer ever but for his sudden death at 54.

Regards, 

Peter.

PS.  A photo I took last April of Mary Sayer at the wheel of an E Type Convertible.

P1010931.JPG

Indeed Peter. Beauty and design excellence can be very much in the eye of the beholder, but It is well documented that Enzo Ferrari himself was quite taken with the styling when it was first shown and the New York Museum of Modern Art still has one on permanent display. I feel there  were other manufacturers who were producing some equally beautiful designs around the same time - Aston Martin, Maserati, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Jensen etc. However, where the E-Type blows them all out of the water is when you consider the design and performance you were getting for your money. It's contemporaries were 2 or 3 times the price and Jaguar made it possible for supercar performance to be within reach of a much wider market. Combine that with a proven race pedigree and clever marketing - Utter genius. 

Hi Rich, 

When Malcolm Sayer joined Jaguar his first job was preparing the XK120 into a car that could race and compete with the Mercedes,  Ferraris etc.

If I have your permission, I will email you some information that is not yet published about Malcolm Sayer and his design work.  Bill Lyons could design cars but nowadays he would be known as a Car Stylist.  More in my email.

Regards, 

Peter.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Join The Club

Join the Jaguar Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

• Topics

• Our picks

• Simply Jaguar show at Beaulieu - Sunday 23rd June 2024
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this year's Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 23rd June 2024

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/
      • 1 reply
    • JAGUAR’S LAST PETROL SPORTS CAR: F-TYPE ZP EDITION TAKES THE CHEQUERED FLAG
      Jaguar is commemorating the end of its internal combustion sports car lineage in 2024 with an exclusive limited-edition F-TYPE inspired by two iconic 1960s racing E-types

Just 150 examples of the F-TYPE ZP Edition will be the last internal combustion-engined sports cars designed by Jaguar. These 575PS supercharged petrol V8 F-TYPEs feature specially curated interior and exterior details by the personalisation experts at SV Bespoke.
    • UPDATE SHOW INFORMATION !

Please find attached your club label – please can this be distributed amongst your club members prior to the event. Please ensure that they print this label and display it in their windscreen upon entry to the event, this ensures that all members wishing to park within your club area are directed to the correct parking location by our stewards. Please do not modify or add logos to the club label.

We do ask that all individuals have purchased their tickets on an individual basis in advance via our website, to speed up the entry process on the day. This can be done on our website here until 2pm on the day when admission closes: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar.

Note that we do have two entrances available, one is exhibitors gate at the bottom of the hill as you come in to Beaulieu, with the other being the normal Simply event entrance within the attraction. Either entrance is fine to use and both are open from 9.00am, with the exhibitors entrance closing around 11am.

Jaguar Owners Club (1).pdf
    • Simply Jaguar - Beaulieu Motor Museum - 25th June 2023
      Jaguar Owners Club have a stand at this years Simply Jaguar event at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu, Hampshire on Sunday 26th June 2023

Tickets are available online here: https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/simply-jaguar/

TICKETS & PRICES
      Participant prices are only valid if arriving in a Jaguar and taking part in the rally. They are not valid for those arriving on foot.

Participants can make the most of our EARLY BIRD discount by booking before 28th February 2023.

Children under 5 require a ticket, this can be booked online free of charge.

Participant and visitor tickets will include entrance to the rest of the Beaulieu attraction, including the National Motor Museum, Palace House, Little Beaulieu, World of Top Gear, Beaulieu Abbey and its grounds and gardens.

The best time for viewing the Simply rally is between 10am and 2pm.

Adult

Child

Participants – Early Bird*

£14.00

£7.50

Participants – Standard & On The Day

£16.00

£8.00

Visitors

Normal admission applies.

Normal admission applies

*Early bird tickets are available until 28th February 2023

VEHICLE ENTRY
      Entry with your Jaguar is from 9am – 2pm. Please make sure you have your ticket printed or available on your phone, ready to be scanned on arrival.

Please do not arrive early for our Simply rallies as no facilities will be open prior to 9:30am.

Cars cannot leave and re-enter the grounds for the Simply rallies.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CLUB STAND ATTENDEE LIST

We do ask for a final update on numbers 2 weeks prior to the event following which we will send out club labels to you via email for you to then distribute out to club members. Club members then need to print and display these in their windscreen on arrival. This helps us then park you all in your club area together.

1. Trevor (admin)
      2.  Paj

• 5 replies
    • F-TYPE marks 75 years of Jaguar sports cars and its final model year update
      The Jaguar F-TYPE is the definitive Jaguar sports car from a rich bloodline spanning 75 years and including some of the most iconic models ever built

Forums

News

Membership