Jump to content


Hi All from Conwy, North wales


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

 

Im Dom ive got myself a 2010 XF-S 3.0d portfolio

only has the motor a month and im enjoying driving better than most cars ive owned

 

20220601_152443.jpg

20220601_141000.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Welcome to the Club, Dom.

It is nice to see a Welshman in a Jaguar —  I did work and live in North Wales fo a nice period working in the Steelworks in Shotton.   I like Conwy too.

The Government made me to leave Shotton and go to Derbyshire and a few other places. My last place was 6 miles away from the  Jaguar factory that made your car - and mine.

Regards,

Peter.

3A3B4509-3E71-4F5E-B2B2-A7DCAE891BC5.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the welcome, i had a bit of a nightmare yesterday, took the XF in for a service to north wales jag centre and had a bit of a nasty list of work to get sorted 🙈, so hopefully i can come to agreement with the warranty company and the dealer who sold it to me to get works sorted as ive only had it a month and driven less than 1k miles in it 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, DomXFS said:

Thank you all for the welcome, i had a bit of a nightmare yesterday, took the XF in for a service to north wales jag centre and had a bit of a nasty list of work to get sorted 🙈, so hopefully i can come to agreement with the warranty company and the dealer who sold it to me to get works sorted as ive only had it a month and driven less than 1k miles in it 

Wow, if that's the case, I would take the car straight back to the dealer and get them to sort the issues. You certainly shouldn't be paying for anything excessive after only a month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Carl Gibbs said:

Wow, if that's the case, I would take the car straight back to the dealer and get them to sort the issues. You certainly shouldn't be paying for anything excessive after only a month.

Totally agree that you should not be paying for anything after only a month. I would also be surprised if the warranty company will support any claim in under a month of the car being sold by a dealer.

If you can get no satisfaction to cover all of the costs from the seller/dealer then I would be inclined to tell him that you you want him to accept the car being returned to him and that you want your full money refunded. He will have, under consumer law,  to comply with either fixing everything, at his cost, or accept the return and refund on the car. Unless of course you purchased under an agreement (the likes of  E.G. "a Trade Sale") and you were aware of that/those factors on purchase.

 

Good Luck, Best Wishes and Regards, John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/1/2022 at 12:16 PM, Wrinkly said:

Totally agree that you should not be paying for anything after only a month. I would also be surprised if the warranty company will support any claim in under a month of the car being sold by a dealer.

If you can get no satisfaction to cover all of the costs from the seller/dealer then I would be inclined to tell him that you you want him to accept the car being returned to him and that you want your full money refunded. He will have, under consumer law,  to comply with either fixing everything, at his cost, or accept the return and refund on the car. Unless of course you purchased under an agreement (the likes of  E.G. "a Trade Sale") and you were aware of that/those factors on purchase.

 

Good Luck, Best Wishes and Regards, John

i will be speaking to the dealer on monday morning and also shooting the warranty company and email with all the faults that have been found.

if i wasnt given the list i wouldn't have know about any of the issues as the car drives faultlessly as i cant hear for feel any knocking, squeaks or rattles. but the list will get sorted now i know about the issues

 

Cheers again all 😁😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share





×
×
  • Create New...



Forums


News


Membership